psu problems

Jk

In Runtime
I think i have a psu problem, today my computer wouldnt start up, so I tried taking to a diffrent outlet, reseting the cmos, jumping the powerswitch, and unpluging all the hdd's but nothing worked. I think it is the psu but the light inside the computer on the mb turns on so i am confused. Any help would be appreciated, my psu is a antec 350 that came with my case.

Do you have any other spare PSU's you can give a go?

Also, the power switch hasn't accidentially fallen out of the motherboard has it?

i have 2 psus but they are both 20pin connectors. Like I said i tried jumpering the powerswich and the swich looked fine anyways.

speaking of which i'm getting scared of the psu that came with my case, i've been using it for a year now and am damn scared it's gonna blow out

ummm....i dont really want to use the 20 pin ones because my motherboard is a 24 pin connection i just need to know if this is a psu problem or a motherboard problem

aww man, I tried the psu in my brothers computer and it worked fine. I didn't think it was the memory but i tried diffrent memory anyways, it didn't work. Now ive narrowed it down to the m\b or the cpu. do you guys know any way i can find out which one it is. I do not have any socket 939 stuff to try out either.

I dont think it would be the cpu because u said with your brother psu it worked fine so its pretty much narowed down to just that. I have had psu problems before sometimes it would boot other times it would boot but just freeze and reset its self. :)

My compuer didnt work with any psu, I never tried a diffrent psu in it because i didn't have one that was a 24 pin. I don't think that it is the psu because if it was then it wouldn't work it my brothers computer right?

i have a mobo that takes the 24 pin psu power cable, and my psu only has a 20 pin, so i just plugged it in to the first twenty plugs and it's worked fine for over a year lol, but as i've said i need a new psu cuz i don't want to ruin my system.

Back
Top Bottom