Whats worse

Now over 90 posts in a day & a half, this thread is as crazy as these guys---->
crazy.gif
tease.gif
crazy.gif
nut.gif

ArrizX said:
Um, your not going to close this because you dont like it. It is in hand, and a good mauture debate. Opened.

Thank you. If I hadn't already given you rep points I would give you more but I get that stupid "Spread it around" error.

I would say weed is worse because:
1. It's illegal
2. It's more addictive

The one thing that bothers me is when people say "weed should be a personal choice! not EVERYONE has to do it, it should just be like alchohol!" But here's the problem. Sure you can have the choice on whether or not to do it, and I'm ALL for people doing what they want and minding my own business. However weed can serious impair one's ability of right and wrong and therefore can affect OTHERS. This could mean little or it could mean killing an innocent person in a car crash because you were high.

THEN it becomes other peoples' problems. You can't smoke weed and think "it's okay, im not going to do anything stupid". Once you smoke the weed you forget that and you're completely messed up.

I realize you could argue the same thing for alcohol and I for one think that too is a disgusting and dangerous drink. I'm not gonna go say "prohibition #2!" but it leads to innocent people being killed and I find that completely intolerable. Obviously, however, there are people who just have a glass of wine at a dinner with friends. And I think that's fine.

The problem with weed is that you don't just go sit at a fancy restaraunt with your friends and ask the waiter for some pot and get high while you eat.

joepic said:
DONTY CLOSE THE THREAD! you mods close everything!!! it's not hurting you, no one's getting killed, so leave it! we're allowed to discuss things aren't we???

it doesn't make sence why you would want to close the thread so bad. it makes me so mad

Uh.. Lol a bit late, because its reopened, haha

07mackenzie said:
Thank you. If I hadn't already given you rep points I would give you more but I get that stupid "Spread it around" error.

Lol its cool.

@07mackenzie

You have some good points, but I think you forget that so much more alchahol is consumed then marijuana. Therefore, more people die because of that.

For that reason alone, alchahol is probably the worst of the two.

Yeah, I guess you're right since the question wasn't really "Should weed be legalized". And the other unfortunate thing about alcohol is that it's so common that it would be impossible and impractical to illegalize.

What must be realised and taken into account here is the fact that people who are predisposed to mental illness often tend to develop schizophrenic tendencies when smoking marijuana, correspondingly people with an addictive personality will become dependent on either drug (alcohol or marijuana).

IMO both are as bad as each other, no I don't smoke "weed" but I do drink beer (not "hard liquor either, just beer). If you are genetically predisposed to mental illness either of these drugs will amplify the tendency.

I must say that in my life I have seen more violence associated with alcohol than marijuana (I have friends who have smoked the stuff for 30 years and are still productive members of society and families).

The old mantra springs to mind " most things are OK in moderation"

It is when they are abused (binge drinking, week long benders etc) that problems occur.

My two cents worth :)

Hmmmm, a mere 36 votes in over a 100 posts, not a good response, considering the amount of members,....not worth keeping open, so re-closed, now I know that I will be called obstinate, [among other things no doubt] but I'm not doing it to be that, I genuinely believe that this is the action to take, of course, if David deems that I am wrong to do so, & re-opens it, so be it, & I shall not re-close it, but if anyone else does this, I'll keep re-opening until we get a final definitive response from David, [ArrizX, expect an email very shortly]

ArrizX, it must have been fate shining on me at last!, I got the message you sent to David, via computerforums.org by mistake who's running to David now???

obstinant is one word. however the word that I would have chosen is ignorant, (not in life, just towards this thread).
There may well be only 36 votes and over a hundred posts...

but... (had you taken the time to actually read the thread -which I assume you didn't).
a lot of people didn't vote.
as I said in the first post I made in this thread, I fundamentally disagree with the question, no one is any safer than the other. hence I didn't vote...

want me to vote so we can call it 37.

I assume that you didn't read this thread because there were absolutly no arguments in this thread.
and I don't see the sense in closing it, Nate has made his ideas about sex drugs drink cigarettes known to all and his ulttra conservative views on all of these subjects tell me that he wanted the thread to be closed rather than have to deal with the real world! and people not sharing his views.

yet he will quite happily open a thread entitled adult themed matierla and talk about his sex life?

nobody is pushing anything on anyone else. no-one is forcing anyone to read it. if somone has a problem, then they needn't view the thread at all! unless of course the problem is that someone made a bad post in which case it should be reported using the report post button.

there are/were no arguments in this thread. (again read it, nobody flames judges calls anyone anything, it's a relativly peacefull thread, dispite the overall subject being one that could, generate a lot of stupid responses, it hasn't. (everyone has been posting good messages!)

this thred Does not break any rules of this forum. and regardless of your feelings towards the subject matter the fact is that nobody will ever come to any resolution if the thread is closed

110 posts in four days
965 views in four days. sort the forum by view and you'll see it's the 82nd most popular thread ever on these forum (in four days!). (in terms of views), that includes all threads including one that have been here for years.

far from not a good response I'd say that was a pretty great response.
and despite what your personal feelings towards the subject matter may or may not be, it is obviously something that the wider populous do have an interest in and do discuss.

the very fact that it remains on the front page day in day out tells me people have more things to say about this!

your last comment in the thread was about how you'd closed previous versions of the same kind of thread. surely the fact that they keep poping up and prooving popular is message enough that people do want to talk about it...

faced with that undisputable statistic that this thread is 82nd most popular with only four days life out of 7400, I'd say that closing the post is ignorant of it's popularity...
now trying to argue with that reasononing about how popular the thread is, now that would be obstinant!

and assuming they [us] stay within the forum rules (as we have done). surely there is no reason to lock the thread what-so-ever.
You may notice that I've made a post on most pages in this thread, and have read with interest every word of every post, nobody broke the rules!

-edit, I've split of most of the useless posts from the last two pages of this conversation.
frankly if people didn't anything wise or at least interesting to say then they should have just left the thread alone.
the other moderators can find these posts in the spam vault.

I have to agree with root. The thread did not break anything. if we were talking on how to get drugs, then it would be good to close.

On the other hand, 100 post with 36 votes is normal. You can't double vote, as far as I know.

lhuser said:
I have to agree with root. The thread did not break anything. if we were talking on how to get drugs, then it would be good to close.

On the other hand, 100 post with 36 votes is normal. You can't double vote, as far as I know.

And the choices in the poll did not reflect my true opinion on what I thought of, so I did not vote.

Back
Top Bottom