Remote acces

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Ok heres the problem

My dad enjoys DLings lots of stuff that he will watch 1/2 of and quit. So what does this do for me? Well it makes my ping on CS go from 60 to 500, and playing a video game 5 seconds ahead of what has happened isn't easy.

So I need a program or w/e that I can remotely access his PC and turn off his torrents from my PC at any time I choose. I have access to his computer, I just want to be able to turn his torrents on and off as I please so I don't have to paly 5 seconds in advance on a video game.

try VNC server. just install the server at his end and install the viewer at your end. but dont ask me how to set it up on a LAN network as i have no idea. youll have to google it.

Well I could but esp at night when I turn it off, I just want to be able to turn it off of my PC and then when I exit out of my game I can turn it back on as well.

Just do a remote dekstop over a lan - remote desktop is the fastest and most easiest solution for remote connectivity. If you are not on a lan and your dad has Win XP Pro or Server 2003 then you can set up a Remote Desktop Web Connection which you can log into by typing in the public IP address of his PC with \tsweb\ on the end - you will need to set this up though.

ya, use remote desktop. pretty much everybody has it already...although i can't ever connect to my dads laptop, but he can connect to my desktop...wierd.

You have to have Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2000 (I think) to be the "host" computer (the one being controlled remotely). If he doesn't have one of those operating systems, go with Log Me In.

Back
Top Bottom