4200 x2 or new conroe

Alienownage said:
How would the 4200+ x2 compete with the E6400

It's not even in the same league. Here, the $316 (MSRP) Core 2 Duo E6600 is up there with the FX-62 in all of Anandtech's benchmarks, so you think the 4200+ can even stand a chance? Nope. Nada. Zilch.

Why do you think AMD is doing those price cuts? It's a desperate move to keep and hopefully gain AMD supporters, by making their processors cheaper. If you were smart, you would go with Core 2 Duo. Seriously though...think about it. The E6600 itself can perform just as well at stock speeds along with the FX-62, but for $700-ish less!

In a nutshell" Conroe.

They offer better performance, and better performance per wat. Not only do you save money on the electricity bill, but you also get more for money.

Intially the cost of the processor might seem a bit to much, however, due to savings in the long run over electricty and power consumption overall within the PC. You'll save hundreds of dollars and be glad you purchased it. :D

Sytheious said:
In a nutshell" Conroe.

They offer better performance, and better performance per wat. Not only do you save money on the electricity bill, but you also get more for money.

Intially the cost of the processor might seem a bit to much, however, due to savings in the long run over electricty and power consumption overall within the PC. You'll save hundreds of dollars and be glad you purchased it. :D

Sytheious, i wouldnt say you save that much on electricity. Conroe gives you more performance than their AMD counterparts. The only way AMD can keep up is to slash prices and thats what makes Conroe look so expensive. But really, compared to other previous Intel processors, Conroe is cheap. The price of Conroe is ridicously low. And kentsfield is just around the corner. Q4 '06!! :D

ownage said:
Sytheious, i wouldnt say you save that much on electricity. Conroe gives you more performance than their AMD counterparts. The only way AMD can keep up is to slash prices and thats what makes Conroe look so expensive. But really, compared to other previous Intel processors, Conroe is cheap. The price of Conroe is ridicously low. And kentsfield is just around the corner. Q4 '06!! :D

Actually you would save hundreds on electricity. I've tested this out before. I left my PC off every night, usually I leave it on, the bill went down considerably, roughly $20. Now if we multiply that by 12...see where this is going?

I know what you are saying, but who leaves their computer running 24/7? The heat build up would be tremendous, unless its the winter, which would be nice. But its not ideal. Your powersupply plays a huge role in efficiency, more than your cpu would. your cpu plays little to no role in saving money.

Yeah, saving money mostly depends on your PSU's efficiency, rather than your PC's components.

Back
Top Bottom