Do you run Vista?

the only problem i had when i put vista on my friends computer was getting internet. no network drivers worked.... so that was a bummer!
sad0003.gif
eather way it ran great though. looks like it'll need a high performance graphics card for sure. i hope company's lower the prices

john123 said:
please elaborate

Why don't you elaborate? I garauntee you installing vista on a separate partition did not screw up your XP partition unless you partitioned wrong.

Here's a helpful little tool for anyone having trouble with Vista boot sector after uninstall and also handy for changing the boot order if you want your pc to boot your primary OS instead of Vista.

VistaBootPro

rakedog said:
Why don't you elaborate? I garauntee you installing vista on a separate partition did not screw up your XP partition unless you partitioned wrong.
jeez, i did install it on a separate partition, and after about 5 days, it made xp UNBOOTABLE

john123 said:
jeez, i did install it on a separate partition, and after about 5 days, it made xp UNBOOTABLE
I have seen instances of what you are saying on other forums, the advice given is not just another partition but a seperate drive if possible. That is the method I used, it has me wondering though as the boot sector is still common. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom