euro vs north american

Peter Lachowicz

Daemon Poster
Im in Poland rite now and I was thinkning whats the deffernece between north Maerican movies, (dvds.) everytime I try to watch a Canadian movie on a polish dvd player, it says wrong region , and it really <<<< DELETED>>>> me off. THe same with polish dvd played on Canadian dvd player...

Don't know why they make it so, but they just don't work because the ones made in North America are designed to work only there, and same with the European ones.

But the dvd players on computers can play both of them fine.

yea it is really stupid. i really don't see the point in the region thing with DVDs/DVD players. if any1 could elaborate on y they do it that would b nice :)

MooseMan said:
yea it is really stupid. i really don't see the point in the region thing with DVDs/DVD players. if any1 could elaborate on y they do it that would b nice :)

It's so cheap knockoffs don't flood the market in countries that can pay full price for them, I think.

Yeah, its all the region things. I hate it. I bought two playstation games from a guy in England, and when I got them, they didn't work because my PlayStation only plays American games :(

mammikoura said:
Don't know why they make it so, but they just don't work because the ones made in North America are designed to work only there, and same with the European ones.

But the dvd players on computers can play both of them fine.
Actually you must set the region on your comp dvd drive too

David Lindon said:
Actually you must set the region on your comp dvd drive too

Yeah, but u can change it a few times.
And atleast with my dvd player it's automatically set to Area 2 (whatever that means) and if I remember correctly I didn't have any problems watching a DVD movie bought from America on my computer. (I live in Europe)

it's basically so that they cn sell DVDs cheaper in other countires without people being able to import them.

they can also release films at different rates, for example the TV series lost is shown in America before it is in britain, and the complete DVD series came out in America before it'd even finished showing on TV in britain.

to watch any region you need to unlock your DVD player (if you can), this usually involves pressing a sequence of buittons when yuo turn it on. you can search the internet for DVD unlock codes.

Back
Top Bottom