External Drive Bays Available 2 External Drive Bays Available
Total Expansion Slots Total Slots: 3 PCI
Available Expansion Slots Available Slots: 2 PCI
Video Memory Up to 256 MB Shared Video RAM
System RAM Shared with Video System RAM Shared with Video
MPEG Playback MPEG Playback
Video Processing Video Integrated on Motherboard
3D Graphics Video Type ATI Radeon Xpress 200
Other Features New Dual Layer DVD+R(8.5GB) recording using special DL media -store up to 4 hrs HQ video. LightScribe Technology allows DVD,CD images and disc lables to be laser etched onto special blank media on the same drive used to create the discs. Optical Drive Speeds: Write Speeds:16xDVD+R,8x DVD-R, 4xDVD-RW,4xDVD+RW,40xCD-R, 24xCD-RW, 2.4x DL DVD+R. Hard Drive:Serial ATA 7200RPM. This model DOES NOT have a built-in TV tuner. 1 available PCI Express slot

When they say, Available Expansion Slots Available Slots: 2 PCI , is that for a different video card? I could not find any video cards that go into a PCI slot (Only PCI Express)

Video Processing Video Integrated on Motherboard
3D Graphics Video Type ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Its a 256MB integrated card. But what is the 3D graphics card? When is it used?

And lastly, the very last sentence, 1 available PCI Express slot, do they mean PCI Express x16 or PCI Express x1 ?

Thanks for your help.

chances are they mean PCI-E(express) for your last question.

for your second 2 last, the 256MB shared memory is mainly used when playing games that use 3d graphics engines. for instance games other than the basic solitare and what not. it wont nessisarily use all 256MB but it could

for your first question, you use PCI slots for things such as sounds cards, NIC cards, tv tuners etc.

let me know if u need anything else or more information on the ?'s :)

Thanks for the fast response. What kind of game do you think the video card can run?

np, wat kinda games....ooo not 2 much i don't think. the memory is shared so your taking ram away when u run games. doi you know how much ram the computer will have? u said expandable to 2 gigs but that doesn't specify how much it comes with

LEt me get you straight on the video. It is 256MB Shared, which means, that you lose 256MB off your RAM.

3D Graphics card just means that the intergrated card has a 3D acceleration available.

The PCI Express is a PCI Express x16 slot available. It is the defaults on the motherboard.

If you are going to game, which I can smell you're going to, you can buy it, but you will need to buy a PCI Express video card.

Comes with 1gig RAM. If the slot is a PCI Express x16 that would be great. I just wasn't sure if I could upgrade my computer (like my current one Dell 2400 :/) So yea, I'm probably going to end up buying a nicer video card. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but when I game I dont want crappy graphics. I don't think I'll need to upgrade to 2gigs RAM

If you don't want crappy graphics, upgrade yours. It is a PCI-Express x16, by default. There's never a PCI Express x1 without a x16.

Well, most of the boards do have a x16 with a x1.

If, on some exeptions, it is only an x1, it is at the bottom (Make sure not to confuse with AMR)

Back
Top Bottom