Bought the Logitech G5 Laser mouse! =D

I have a Logitech MX700 and I really like it. I've had it for a few years now and haven't had a problem with it yet!

I swear by logitechs. All they make is quality.

My mouse lasts about 10million clicks. I know im a god 4/7th's there.

Well, after a few weeks of use, and having tested the beast through every single program my PC contains. The mouse is a must have! :D

Everything "Pro" about it has been said, but the endurance and stress test have been compiled and completed. Response time is excellent, functionality is excellent, reliability is excellent. Everythgin from grib, to movement, to precision is excellent.

I rate this product a 5/5! :D

Now some of you might complain that this is a BUMP or whatever. This is a product review, and review the product I have done. I give to you my results, and I hope you enjoy. Purchase this product as it is, in my humble opinion, the best mouse you could ever purchase without question.

Don't know. What I do know is this: It's the best mouse I've ever purchased, and in comparison to my friends mice, this thing = God. It's Laser sensor is far better then their optical sensor. No more random jittering all of a sudden. It's precise, and excellent. :D

Ive never had random jittering or anything of the sort. I couldnt fathom the idea of a better mouse. I dont see how its possible. Mine is perfect, in my eye.

Haha, and I'm here using a Packard Bell £5 laser mouse I found in a shop... *Rolls eyes*

What am I missing out on...

Though, precision would be nice for a bit of drawing now and again, but I don't game much.

And... well, the right click on this mouse I have is a bit fiddly. When you right click, it has the nack of sometimes left clicking too, closing off a right click menu as you click it! That gets stressful :p

Sytheious said:
I just went out and bought this $52 USD mouse. And since acquiring it, I can say it's not entirly worth $52. Here's why...

First off, there is a very nice button located on the left, known as the "Back" button. So, peopel naturally assume it performs functions liek any other mouse button. Oh! But think again! This button is ONLY a Microsoft application specific button. That is, until you wander through the Software for the mouse in order to change it's "function" to 'Generic Button'.

Because before I was playing games, as the mouse was designed for, and I noticed that you could not program that button to do anything in any game whatsoever.

But, after you finally make it Generic you can program it, however it was very frustrating figuring it out though. =/

Now, for the pros. =D

This baby is all about accuracy and nothign more. Anyone who uses Autocad, this mouse is for you! ;) You can set EXACTLY what you want the DPI to be on two mouse buttons, not only that, but you can fine tune at what variable you want the buttons to go to each time you press it. So for FPS games where you need quick sensitivity, hit the '+' button a few times and off you go! Or if you want to do photoshop and need super fine details in a small area, hit the '-' and you have super precision.

Not only that, but you can turn specific buttons on and off, or switch their function all together. Say you have to copy and paste a tons of files, but don't liek the hassle of right clicking then scrolling and selecting. Nope, not with this mouse. You can make any button have a "Cut" "Copy" or "Paste" specific function.

not only that, but you can enable a button to open up a specific program for you, or, for instance, have that button only usuable within one specific, or many specific, programs/applications.

And to top it all off. It's Laser. Not a pansy Optical. This thing is all about precision, and precision is exactly what you get. For instance, most opticals stick when you mouse them due to the surface that is located on the bottom of the mouse. However, with the G5 you have a very sweet type of material used to prevent stickyness and maximize movement and smoothness. This material is known as Polytetrafluoroethylene. Anyone who can pronounce that correctly is by far a genious! :)

Not only that! But it has weights in it! It has a little catridge that allows you to add 1.7g or 4.5g weights into it, to even further maximize precision! Definetly a unique and worthwhile charecteristic! :D

But yes, overall a very nice mouse, with the exclusion to making the "Back" button perform it's true functions! So, is it worth $52, not really, maybe $45. But it's nice, and it's a long-term investment, so then again it might infact be worth it. :)

Hey, you should post this in the review section, it's really good.

Kage said:
Haha, and I'm here using a Packard Bell £5 laser mouse I found in a shop... *Rolls eyes*

Haha, im sort of in the same boat, except mine are robbed from school! They are just USB optical kensington mouses, does the job.

Sytheious said:
Well, after a few weeks of use, and having tested the beast through every single program my PC contains. The mouse is a must have! :D

Everything "Pro" about it has been said, but the endurance and stress test have been compiled and completed. Response time is excellent, functionality is excellent, reliability is excellent. Everythgin from grib, to movement, to precision is excellent.

I rate this product a 5/5! :D

Now some of you might complain that this is a BUMP or whatever. This is a product review, and review the product I have done. I give to you my results, and I hope you enjoy. Purchase this product as it is, in my humble opinion, the best mouse you could ever purchase without question.

can you program macros into it so you can use them in game? for example in BF 2 can you make a mcro so that you go to prone and instantly drop a medic pack when you click one of the side buttons?. coz that would be very handy if you could and i would serioulsy consider buying it

Back
Top Bottom