AIM Triton [Beta]

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Does AIM Triton save your AIM conversations somewhere on your computer? I've looked a bit and cannot find any folder with my conversations, does anyone know?

sobbing.gif

Well,just a word of advice about Triton.I dont know if they fixed it yet,but using it you can get a virus at any time. They anounced it on there site.

You can get a virus on msn at any time too, just because its straight p2p.

Anyways, no I dont beleive it does.

But to get a virus doesn't it have to be .exe meaning you have to open it?

If you got proper anti-virus protection and talk to the right pople you should be good IMHO.

the new aim must save your convo's somewhere.... although i'm not sure where. i agree with wat joepic said. maybe they save it in temp files or something instead tho.... :( i don't use it anymore, some things about it were annoying like file sharing had issues with people using the old version

AIM Triton sucks. It hogs resources, and isn't that great. The only thing I like is the new inteface. I just stick with AIM Classic 5.9.

alvino said:
AIM Triton sucks. It hogs resources, and isn't that great. The only thing I like is the new inteface. I just stick with AIM Classic 5.9.
yea untel they make it work well with classic i am staying with 5.9

Nik00117 said:
But to get a virus doesn't it have to be .exe meaning you have to open it?

If you got proper anti-virus protection and talk to the right pople you should be good IMHO.

If it isnt in a zip file, it can be self executing. Also, it can be embedded in something such as a picture.

Viruses can be picked up from any IM, not just Triton. After all, there's the infamous imageshack/myspace virus...

http://jordancp.blogspot.com/2006/07/well-today-i-received-aim-virus-from.html

Triton isn't more secure than Classic, and classic isn't more secure than Triton... its all a matter of watching out what you click.

I know it hogs resources, but I like it. It's impossible for me to get used to any of the classic versions. After being used to years of the slick MSN 6, 7, and WLM interface, with MsgPlus, trying out something as ugly as AIM Classic (yes, I tried it)...I just can't. :(

I checked in my documents > aim logs and that folder does not exist. I even searched some of my friends names in the start menu > search thing and no results.

sad.gif

Back
Top Bottom