Aircraft! =D

Sytheious

BSOD
As most of you are into computers, I'm into aircraft. Doesn't matter what it is, if it's flies, it's sweet! Of course there's the better and the worse, just like there's your Alienwares and your Dells and Gateways. Fighter jets are awesome, but so can be Cessenas! XD

Anywho, what I made the topic for is simple, or rather, complicated, I don't know which one it is yet, but oh well.

What does it take to be a pilot in any branch of the military? (Notice MILITARY, not United States, or Britain, or anythign, just, military, as in, for your country, what are the requirements)

I believe here in the States you must be an Officer and attend some UPT training. And form the likes of it becoming a fighter pilot is very difficult. Although I find this somewhat hard to believe, as the U.S. is purchasing some 800+ JSFs (Join Strike Fighters) and needs fighter pilots for the aircraft. With a huge number like that then surely the demand for pilots must increase? :confused:

Anywho, if you enjoy aircraft, then please, express it here, I'm interestd to see what you all are interested in, wether it be fighter craft, bombers, crago planes, helos, gliders, or hell, even mechanics! :D

Now now, I know some of you MIGHT say, "Use the search button", however the search button is irrleavent to a subject liek this, so please people, share your views on aircraft! :D

They're cool, amazing things if you ask me, every year we get faster anf faster..But I really have no BIG intrest in them, dont want to be flying one, dont have a good stomache...aahah..

Speaking of aircraft, I can't believe I forgot my story!

This year at the Airshow a plane crashed. Was a British Hawker Hunter. It was a 1950's aircraft, kind of looks like a MiG-15 and a FA-86 "Saber". Anywho who knows aircraft knows that the MiG-15 and FA-86 Saber were probably the most closely rivaled planes of all time. Well, may be not ALL time, but definetly so evenly matched it was more about pilot skill in aircraft rather then technical superiority.

Anywho, let me dig up an article for you all on the event that happened this year at the Airshow.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2200048

I want a Helicopter. When I was like 7 my dads best friend landed his in our drive way. Ever sense them, im just like I gotta get me one of these.

Yeah I like fighter jets a lot, who wouldn't? I mean, it causes big explosions, makes a lot of noise and goes fast. A machine like that is like every guys dream!
Bombers are pretty nice too, but not as cool as fighters.
And civilian aircrafts are just, well, nothing special.

Sytheious said:
Speaking of aircraft, I can't believe I forgot my story!

This year at the Airshow a plane crashed. Was a British Hawker Hunter. It was a 1950's aircraft, kind of looks like a MiG-15 and a FA-86 "Saber". Anywho who knows aircraft knows that the MiG-15 and FA-86 Saber were probably the most closely rivaled planes of all time. Well, may be not ALL time, but definetly so evenly matched it was more about pilot skill in aircraft rather then technical superiority.

Anywho, let me dig up an article for you all on the event that happened this year at the Airshow.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2200048
I was at the world famous Farnborugh Air Show in England in the 50's,....yes, that's right, the 50's!! when a jet crashed into the large crowd, & exploded,killing several, I was with a girl at the time, she got very upset, it was a twin-engined naval jet, can't remember the name, it was over 50 years ago, perhaps you could dig around, if your'e interested?, then there was the Russian version of the Concorde, that broke up in mid-air at the Paris Air Show, that was quite recent, I too have always been interested in aircraft, due mainly because I was 11 when WW2 broke out, I actually saw Stukas in their famous vertical dive, dropping bombs, saw this, standing in my parent's back garden, very frightening at that age!!

Maybe you could join a "Cadets" thing around you. My friend goes to ATC (Air Training Corps or something like that) It gets practice of flying planes in.

Charchris said:
Maybe you could join a "Cadets" thing around you. My friend goes to ATC (Air Training Corps or something like that) It gets practice of flying planes in.
Not at my age
grandpa2.gif
, I was in the RAF, [non-flying duties] in 1949!, my elder brother was in the ATC for a while, until he was old enough to join up, then was stationed in India during WW2

Back
Top Bottom