A really budget first build...need opinions!

what graphics card should i be looking at to improve the system? I still need it to be fairly budget, but as i say it can be off ebuyer or ebay.

thanks

ok just to update you...

I've decided to go AM2 motherboard New Motherboard

I think i'd like it to be as up to date as poss. This coupled with the 3800 dual core amd x2 should be a good combination. It also means i can get ddr2 memory of which i'll get 1gb and be able to upgrade if i need on both memory and cpu.

My question to you guys is this:

What relatively cheap graphics card would now improve this system for mild gaming?

any help much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Tobias

a good budget card would be a 7600GT. Thats probably the lowest end that i will go. As for the motherboard, find a motherboard with a nVidia 570Ultra chipset. They tend to be better than the VIA ones. nvidia chipsets are the way to go with AMD. ;) good luck with the build.

ownage said:
a good budget card would be a 7600GT. Thats probably the lowest end that i will go. As for the motherboard, find a motherboard with a nVidia 570Ultra chipset. They tend to be better than the VIA ones. nvidia chipsets are the way to go with AMD. ;) good luck with the build.

The 7600GT is over budget unfortunately. If anyone has any other suggestions i would be grateful. I bear in mind about the 570ultra.

When Conroe comes out, will it be roughly the same price as amd 64x2 and mobo?

that looks much more affordable yes. thanks for the suggestion. What do you think to the Mobo and does anyone know pricing of Conroe?

thanks

pricing of conroe:

conroe525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom