Do you run Vista?

Hi,

Who runs vista here, if you do can you list the programs you have installed so i can see what ive got i can install as some things dont work.

So far ive got Firefox, msn and trillian.

Thanks

Vista Master

you can download a vista compatibility program that goes through your computers specs. and also telling you where you can get drivers and programs installed etc.

well vista messed up my xp installation twice, and one of those times (today) it was unfixable. so bye bye vista.

Vista looked great and all on the surface, however, the requirements for all the fancy stuff are simply a bit too much for my computer. It would've been a great operating system if it worked well with my computer. As for the programs which work on it, I'm not sure if there are many yet.

dyserq said:
...... As for the programs which work on it, I'm not sure if there are many yet.
There a quite a few programmes and games that work on it, just not the ones you probably want to use, as in my case I can't get AVG to work on it and am now stuck with that PC-cillin beta for an AV.

Once all the error reporting software is removed for RC-1, or later, it should be a little faster. Personally, apart from the UAP and welcome centre (annoying but easily disabled) I actually like the look of Vista, though I feel I will hold off purchasing it until SP1, once it is out in general use there will be more bugs found I'm sure. With that said though, being so heavily d/loaded, if all the people evaluating it are using error reporting then it may a reasonably workable RC-1 that is released.

would not run on my laptop... some type of motherboard incompatibility!

type.gif

dont you just love
beta.gif

Back
Top Bottom