Core 2 (Conroe) vs Athlon FX-62 Benchmarks

badninja3 said:
those are the high-end processors. but what about the mid-range? i think those are more important than anything.

The Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 is only $310. Stock speed is 2.4ghz, but even at that rate it owns an overclocked Athlon FX-60 at 2.8ghz+, which makes the E6600 pretty damn good when it comes to it's price/performance ratio. Oh and it's a beast at overclocking too. From the engineering samples that Ownage has showed me, just air cooling could get it to 3.0ghz. :D

Jeebus! Wait, is that X6800 on LN2 or any form of "extreme" cooling? Damn...that E6700 can get that high just on air? Whoowhee! I knew they could overclock like beasts, but I never imagined it to be this high!

Granted those are fast CPUs, but I still feel that AMD is giving the best bang for the buck type deal.

Not when Core 2 Duo comes out. Dude, the E6600 at stock speeds, performs JUST AS WELL, if not better than the FX-62, AMD's fastest processor. The only difference, is that the FX-62 costs over $1,000 and the E6600 costs $300. :D

Then there's the Core 2 Duo E6300. For $183 it can keep up with the FX-60. Now that's cheap. :D

yesh! not cheap, but inexpensive ^_^ still exellent quality :D yay intel lol. yea i am exicted about the sudden boost in processors. i think it'll really help the gaming world in PCs as well :) i am "tickled pink" as the saying goes...
winking0041.gif

Not really... Gaming industry isn't really pushign the limits of CPU abilites as of late. My AMD 3200 with a proper GPU could run anything outdoay maxed out settings without a hitch.

Nik00117 said:
Not really... Gaming industry isn't really pushign the limits of CPU abilites as of late. My AMD 3200 with a proper GPU could run anything outdoay maxed out settings without a hitch.
true, but maybe this new push in CPU technology will incourage game programmers 2 take advantage of it or something...i hope

Nik00117 said:

You still want to balance things out. If you're going to run Quad SLI with two 7950 GX2's with your A64 3200+, then it's going to bottleneck like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom