Whats worse

1, what age restrictions (if any) do you put on it, 2, how do you stop children getting it? I mean kids get beer all the time, 3, who gets the profit,

Ok in GA it was difficult to get alcohol. I mean you'd have to ask a friend of a friend of a friend and eventually work your way up to 21. Then you'd have to trust them with your money to buy you the right stuff. Then we you get you can't just stuff it in your pocket because its a bottle so you had to slick about it. And it cost more then weed too. I mean a lot of us kids just rather of smoked weed isn't of going through the hassle to buy alcohol. Weed was far easier walk to dealer tell him what you awnt, if he has it you pay him, he gives it to you and you go off your way. Alcohol was never like that because it was a pain getting ahold of it.

To answer your questions.
1. 18 (I'd perfer 16 but heh 18 is just fine)
2. Same way you stop children from getting alcohol, treat it as such.
3. The profit will be like this, store orders from a grower, grower supplies it. Store sells it, it has extra tax ontop of the normal taxes. The gov get the taxes, and the rest the store owner gets.

Look, you'd help a lot of poepel by legalzing it. Those pothead dealers off the street might just say "Hey why don't I get clean and open my business and do what i've been doing illegally but this time legally"

There is this theory among shrinks that if you make a child aware of a substance or a toy that normally the child wouldn't be interseted in then if you tell the child about it, and then tell it NOT TO TOUCH IT. The child will be more likely to touch it. This is true for all ages.

I can't tell you how many times i've been told don't touch this, don't do this and normally i'd of never thought of it. But I thought hey why not and did it. Somtimes I came out lucky and didn't get caught, somtimes I didn't get caught but I hurt myself or you get the picture. If you elimate the thrill of the chase as I like to call it there is no more chasing.

If weed would be legalized I will make a hefty wager that the following will happen
1. Crime will go down slightly.
2. The use of harder drops will drop
3. Weed will only increase slightly.
4. The gov will have more money to combat the drug war with or do other stuff with.
5. Instead of just having drunken stories to tell at the bar, you could talk about getting high stories.

In certain studies weed addictive abbilties have been compared to that of caffeine. I just recently broke a caffeine addiction i'm telling you it wasn't that hard.

I've also smoked for extended period time and been able to go cold turkey any time I wanted too.

nik00117 said:
Look, you'd help a lot of poepel by legalzing it. Those pothead dealers off the street might just say "Hey why don't I get clean and open my business and do what i've been doing illegally but this time legally"

--

I've also smoked for extended period time and been able to go cold turkey any time I wanted too.
two things, starting with the top quote

you said people do it because it's a thrill of not getting caught and such. so wat makes u think some guy who is purposfully breaking the law is going 2 do somethiong legal when it's not got the exictment anymore.

--

You say you could go cold turkey any time but alot of people believe the same thing about themselves regardless of the drug and they end ^ going back 2 it or worse

Up here in Canada, it's easy as hell for minors to get booze.

The most popular way was getting taxi drivers to pick up the booze and deliver it to you. It was common for them to give 12 year olds booze.

I even know underaeg people who work in bars,

DJ-CHRIS said:
Up here in Canada, it's easy as hell for minors to get booze.

The most popular way was getting taxi drivers to pick up the booze and deliver it to you. It was common for them to give 12 year olds booze.

I even know underaeg people who work in bars,

Woah there. In Quebec, it is not as easy as 1,2,3. Taxi drivers never give stuff to kids. Neither does it give it to adults. As for bars, there's no such thing as an underage kid working. Okay, a dad's/mom's son/daughter can help around in their own bars, but not publicly. We know it's not right.

you said people do it because it's a thrill of not getting caught and such. so wat makes u think some guy who is purposfully breaking the law is going 2 do somethiong legal when it's not got the exictment anymore.

--

You say you could go cold turkey any time but alot of people believe the same thing about themselves regardless of the drug and they end ^ going back 2 it or worse

Because as teenagers we all know Ok so if I get caught with pot nothing that major will happen to me anyways and it adds a extra thrill into it.

I've gone cold turkey succesfully on cigs, and weed so far anything that I felt a need to want to stop I did it easly without a second thought. HOWEVER breaking the habbit of weed isn't tha thard if you truly want too. Its not phsycially addictive.

or it could end up the same way it is in Amsterdamn with random peple opening up cafes which are doomed to fail because the owners (who are the pot heads) do nothing but smoke weed all day.

then when their business fails they have to seek help from the state or go out onto the streets and turn to crime in order to live.

besides, if you leagalise cannabis where does it end? I mean we've compared cannabis to booze saying it's not as dangerous but booze is allowed,
do we then compare cocaine to booze and say, although it can kill you *if8 yu use it sensibly it won't?
whilst that's not the question at hand, it's that exact statement that prevents any serious talk about drugs being legalized, tht and the fact that most pot leagalisation lobbies are also pro other drugs too! -> hence you can't support an organisation to speak for the masses without speaking for people that you don't really wnt to speak ut for as well!

Most potheads will clearly draw a line between weed, and anything harder and SAY NO NO!

It wouldn't lead to anything more then a few more dollars for our gov tos pend.

so you'd be happy for the government to encourage an addicted population for the sake of a few more tax dollars?

don't forget, pot is reasonably fine as a recreational drug, but mild recreation is hardly going to be generating enough tax to start building new schools is it?

Why not make it legal for like a year just to generate some money to help people out and get them back on there feet them make it illegal again : /
make it legal just long enough for some countries
to rebuild a little,just long enough to help 3rd world countries
the world is over populated as is.were getting crowded and tearing down land.people dieing from weed though sad would do nothing but help us.that is if many died.

King of Kings said:
Why not make it legal for like a year just to generate some money to help people out and get them back on there feet them make it illegal again : /

thats like the same thing when the US illegalized alcohol, just opposite. suddenly tons of crimes and such were going on, people were furious and it was bad news. thats y the US had 2 legalize it again basically... so then when we re-illegalize it, we could have another rampage and what not, or other effects

Back
Top Bottom