Counter Strike 1.6

dyserq

Fully Optimized
Ok, well I was bored the whole school holidays and played Counter Strike Source until my eyes could no longer handle it. For a while it was fun, now it seems like a bore and I want to try out something a little bit different and spend some money. I was simply wondering how to get Counter Strike 1.6.

I've searched several forums but never really got a definite answer. On some it would say it's free (which I'm not sure if I believe) whereas others would tell you that it required Half Life. I've got games like Half Life 2 and Counter Strike Source but definitely not Half Life. So basically my questions are:

1. Do I need Half Life to play Counter Strike 1.6 or is it a stand-alone game?
  2. If it does require Half Life, will I be able to register the game to my Steam account and have Counter Strike 1.6 registered as well?

Hopefully some of the answers can sort out my question. Cheers everyone. :p

Thanks Chimaera. When I add Half Life to my Steam account though, will it also register Counter Strike 1.6 or will I have to manually apply the mod ?

joxley1990 said:
Umm..never heard of it, looks pretty good though, might give it a go.
http://www.redorchestragame.com/
Do you know the minimum specs?
Quoted from the site:

CPU: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent, 512 MB RAM, Video Card: DirectX® 9 supported 3D graphics card with 64MB Video Memory (ATI 7500, Nvidia MX440 or better), 2 GB free hard drive space, DX 8.1 Compatible Audio, Windows 2000/XP

Back
Top Bottom