About buying refurbished systems

Theowne

Solid State Member
I'm about to buy a new computer, I really need one and I finally have a decent amount of cash saved up (I'm going to use it for music production), the only one I can afford which is decent that I'm looking at right now is a 3.8Ghz dual core with 1gb of ram, which I guess will sustain me for a while. However I'm also seeing a 4.2 ghz dual with 2 gb of ram, more disk space, better video, etc, for the same price, except it is refurbished. I am really tempted to go with this more powerful machine.

Anyways, it is worth it to get a refurbished desktop or should I pass?
a
ps the refurbished pcs and normal pcs are from tigerdirect.ca, where im buying from

If you trust your vendor, then I would say go for it. I've had several refurbished computers, and all of them where great for what I used them for. Just make sure it comes with at least a 90 day warranty.

i trust tigerdirect. never tried their refurbished, but they should be ok. besides i think that performance gain is worth the risk. what are the prices on the pcs though and what video card are they using?

if you trust the company, then definetely gow ith the more powerful oen..find out if theres any warranty or something though just in case

If you know and trust the company, go for it.

Personally I never buy refurbished hardware. Sometimes there's something wrong with it, and some places don't offer warranties on refurbished hardware.

to:kchi55, both of them are under $950 and the new one has an x600 and the refurb has a GF6100 , both onboard. Yeah, not the best, but I don't really need flashy video cards, so I don't really mind.

Go for the 4.2 Ghz, with 2GB RAM, that's a nice machine. I doubt it will have any serious damage, because if it did, it would not of been approved, to be refurbished. The worst thing that it will have, are a few scratches.

Back
Top Bottom