Need Help With Reboot Please!!!!

bmaynard06

Beta member
Hey guys, i'm new here and i need some help. i have my cousins computer, and i know a decent amount about reformating them and such, but i'm having trouble now. Before i reformated it, when you went to run his programs, it said that things may have been moved due to virus's and such. So i figured i'd reboot it. But now during the reformat, it says that some files are missing, and i just hit esc to keep it going. Could this be due to an faulty hard drive. Should i just install a new hard drive and format that, or should i take it in??

Please hellp
thanks much for replys
Brian

"When you went to run his programs". What does that mean? What programs, are you trying to backup his data?

To backup his data if you can't enter Windows, try booting in Safe Mode, or accessing the data through Knoppix. To completely reformat, try KillDisk.

I've had that same problem with my friends comp. does it like say those messages while its copying files for the windows setup? try another hard drive, if that doesnt work, then get another power supply. the new power supply fixed my problem

Sounds like its the CD, or the CD ROM. Make sure the CD doesn't have anything on it, lent, etc. Then try.

Back
Top Bottom