Video Cards

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
Do you guys think I should get a single 7900GT or dual 7600GT? And what kind of card should my brother get? He can get a video card up to $150, and will be used for mild gaming.

You plan on getting one of the best video cards out with that set up? I dont think so. I have a Pent 4 3.0ghz, and a gig of ram, with an eVGA 7600GT, and im still getting bottlenecked somewhere. Might be the 375w psu, even though im only needed to have a 350w one.

Im not sure, but it doesnt matter. What im trying to say is that with your computer, it will bottleneck like none other. Try for a 6800GS. That or a type of X1600XT. Or even new mobo, and get a dual X1300XT 512mb version. That would be cool. Though only 4 pixle pipelines each. But for like 130 or less each, not a bad deal.

As for your brother, what is he running?

i don't think his sig is his updated pc... a 7900gt wouldn't work in it anyway... neither would a 7600gt... and definitely not two sli'd

I forgot to mention I'm building a new computer. It's going to have:

1GB Dual Channel RAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Thermaltake Tsunami Case
Abit KN9 SLI nForc 570 Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar 250GB Hard Drive
Video Card: Most likely 7900GT

I only need to figure out my PSU and video card.

Lol oh man, I totally missed the motherboard, I just saw the cpu and was like.. Um no.

Anyways, with that setup, I say dual 7600GT's. Because with the 7900GT, from what I hear you are only paying the extra ram, which, yes increases performance, but isnt used to full extent. Sli 7600GT should be your cup of tea. I have one, and im in love with it.

Back
Top Bottom