how's this overclock?

If you want to find the max RAM frequency drop the CPU multiplyer, 8 would probably be fine. Then just start raising the FSB and testing it probably every 5mhz with a program like SuperPi to make sure it is still stable. The point in doing that is to know what divider you should be using when you are overclocking.

well i went with this and see if it will work probably not XD
300 mhz HTT 8x multiplier (i'll raise it after the stablitity test) 1.4875v
set the ram to ddr200 2-3-3-7

since i have kingston crapp...ahem.. value ram so it's probably not work exploring the max fsb and i have no idea how to do it in the phoenix bios on my a8n sli premium.

dadong said:
how'd you get the htt to 260mhz at 1.4v?my computer won't work at all when i set it to above 240mhz.

I dunno. My multiplier is set at the stock for the 3200+ (10) and my FSB is at 260. Hence, 2.6Ghz.

lol overclocking has become a pain and a addiction. now i have the HTT set at 267mhz with a 9.5x multiplier at 1.5 v (any higher and it will crash to hell XD) now i've set the memory to ddr266 with 2-3-3-7
any recommendations? i want to set it up to a 10x multiplier but i don't want to heat up my rig any further the idle is now at 35C and the load is 42-43C.

try not to use .5 multis. They dont work very well. Bump up the multi to 10. As long as temps stay under 50*C load they are fine.

hmmm....i cant seem to push 10x multiplier. i have the voltage at 1.55 which is max and sp2004 is stilll telling me that it's not stable (Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4)<---the hell does this mean????? do i have to increase the latency? decrease memory fsb? i'm now lost

wow, it's running so smoothly...thank alot for the help. it's late today and i'll run these settings with a full day of torture test tomorrow.

btw how'd you come up with that conclusion which worked. i'm having a difficult time figuring out how to connect these things together.

also you'd think i can use 4x for that HT/LDT and lastly you think i should try and push the multiplier to 11x?

Ownage is uber overclocking calculating machine. :p Conrad...I want my stuff...:(

Back
Top Bottom