Three Quick Questions!

taekwondodogoof

Baseband Member
Hi, I have just three quick questions =D

1) When accessing my "C:" drive, the default action for double clicking is to use the search function. How do I change it back to just open?

2) I run rhapsody, a music streaming service, in the background while playing World of Warcraft. Is there anyway to optimize the internet usage so it prefers WoW over rhapsody? It disconnects me from WoW when rhapsody loads a new song a lot of times.

3) I have 2x1gig sticks of Corsair XMS RAM. I'm pretty sure they're running in Dual Channel, but I want to make absolutely sure. Is there anyway to check?

Thanks a bunch for all your help in advance!! I'll keep checking back so I can be to thank you personaly :D !

1) Check your mouse properties to see if you can set it back to default.

2) Dunno

3) When you boot your computer, watch the first post screen, it will show the memory test and if it's running in dual channel mode, it will say so.

1) Do you know where's the option in the mouse menu? I can't find it.

3) Do you know what it will say... I just see a memory check and the timings

1) Run-->Regedit-->HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
And set the default value to "none."

Thanks a ton!! THat fixed it!! Thanks for the help makcenzie and atomic! ANd does 2t timing mean it's in dual channel? Once again thanks, that was really annoying

2. U could download a program called netlimiter and then set it so that rhapsody can only use certain amount of bandwidth, making sure there is enough left for wow to use.

3. Check the bios.

3)Download CPU-Z and click the memory tab.
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
cpu-zhelp.jpg

No 2T is the command rate. That doesnt have to do with running dual channel or not. 1T is faster so thats what you want it to run at.

Back
Top Bottom