images of us open to all?

So many good suggestions as of late lol, but the best one has to be the photoshop section aha

the Member photos does need to be cleened out, or deleted and some one make a new one.

but yeah i dont like people seeing my face, non-members i mean.

Yeah, and if they want to sign in to view them, they can! But that still means about 300 people at a time who are on, that aren't registered, can't view the page, which in turn makes us safer.

I suggest David should take this on board :p

For instance, the Spam and Staff sections can't be viewed by members, except for moderators I believe, so it shouldn't be that hard to lock unregistered users out also.

Its probably a tick box or something.

it's not hard to ock out guests from viewing threads.

it is just a check box.

but what's to stop the guests registering just to see the photos, do you think that someone who wants to copy pictures isn't going to register so they can see them and then never post? would the inconvienience of the 20 seconds it takes to fill in the registration form put off the evil people who you don't want to see your picture?

if the social lounge is viewable to members only then we won't get as many guests transfered into members, lots of people come here saying that they've lurked fo a little while and are signing up now, certainly I was a lurker before I was a member.

simple rule here guys, if you don't want people to see pictures of you, then don't put them on the internet!

Yeah but your missing the point.

I doubt 300 people who are looking without signing in are going to really register to view pictures that they can't see in the first place...

And anyway, even if people did do that, It'd be a damn whole sight better, than having 300 people being able to view them without doing anything first.

And I agree about the not posting images of you are the internet if your worried about that, but for a site like this, with close members, we shouldn't have to worry.

But those guests do make me worry.

Kage said:
Yeah, and if they want to sign in to view them, they can! But that still means about 300 people at a time who are on, that aren't registered, can't view the page, which in turn makes us safer.

I suggest David should take this on board :p

For instance, the Spam and Staff sections can't be viewed by members, except for moderators I believe, so it shouldn't be that hard to lock unregistered users out also.

Its probably a tick box or something.
I don't think one thread can be unviewable by a certain usergroup, only forums.

Are you sure?

Haha, we could always close off the Gallery section to non users :p

Yeah, you could move the member photos to there and do it... Lol :D

BTW, yesterday was my 3-month anniversary on CF.
party4.gif

Edit: BTW, if you didn't understand what I meant, what I meant was:

A single thread cannot be locked out from guests, if a guest was not to see the member photos thread, he/she would have to be locked out of the social lounge too.

BUT, David can disable members from viewing any threads.

Back
Top Bottom