Whats worse

alvino said:
Wow, now we're starting this topic up again? It's a potential flamewar, I'll give you that much. :rolleyes:

Wow, are you high or something? Dude, how can both not be bad for your health? Alcoholism can kill, and addition to weed can also kill. Each may have it's different ways, but both will end up screwing you over, making you look stupid, and potentially killing you if you're not careful.

Anyways, if you drink alcohol casually like at a bar with friends chatting etc, then it's way better than weed. Heck, probably both "aren't as bad" when you consume them in minute amounts, it's only when the addiction comes, THEN both are equally dangerous.

THERE YOU GO! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

Peter Lachowicz said:
i think weed is safer uz you cant really crash a car when u are high. Weed gets addictive if u keep on taking it for like a year, but i dont think its that bad...Alcohol is legal, but weed is better, not sayin i did it, but...

Well marjuanna highly affects people's ability to operate a vehicle.

This is proven by both medical facts and my own research.

Overall drinking in large quantity's (Binge drinking) is more dangerous than marjuanna. However having a few drinks responsibly is far less dangerous than weed.

But for example, me deciding to drink a 26'er of 80 proof vodka to myself over one night (No idea why I did this, possibly because i was in PARTY mood). But this is irresponsible, and the pictures show me being a total idiot. Really Really Really hammered, which involved stuff im not going to mention.

drinking is much worse than smoking weed. alcohol is addictive and causes all sorts of s*** in ur body. weed doesnt really do that much, other than the smoke in the lungs, and some brain cell damage (which heals). there has never been one recorded death do to marijuana..idk how many thousands a year there are to alcohol.

the only reason people think weed is bad is because technically its illegal. but if both were legal i think after a while people would realize that alcohol is much worse.

Brain cell damage is not reveresable. HOWEVER ALCOHOL does just as much damage to the brain as weed.

Overall I believe in large or small quanites weed is far better then alcohol because one its natural two your not going die or throw up over it. When I say DIE remember I refer to that very night of smoking a large quanity because you ODed. Which as I understand it is medically impossible.

I'd say weed because its illegal and once you start on drugs it can easily lead to more serious once which can have lasting damage to your health

David Lindon said:
I'd say weed because its illegal and once you start on drugs it can easily lead to more serious once which can have lasting damage to your health

Took the words right out of my mouth.. I said it before, and I'll say it again..This is where it "Starts"....

Marijuana can lead to a Deadly ally.

I have yet to see someone post any good facts about how marijuana is bad for you. Sure it is the gateway drug as most would call it. But honestly, alot of people who smoke it, smoke ONLY it, and don't move on to other things. Alcohol. Alcohol is ALOT worse. You will get drunk, not be able to make the right decisions, get in a car, and kill someone. With alcohol, you can get a little buzzed, or you can keep drinking and keep falling WAY under the influence. With marijuana, you can't get any "higher" by smoking say 4 bowls compared to 3. And driving while stoned? No biggy. Marijuana actually makes me a better driver. It helps you concentrate. I got a better score on my ACT's stoned than sober. It's all natural, someone please post some cold hard facts about it vs. alcohol. I know what I'm talking about. I wrote a 13 page paper this past school year on it :eek:

Edit: I always get to thinking and have to add on...

Alot of you need to just NOT select anything in the poll. I'm guessing 80% of you choose marijuana just because it's illegal, and alcohol isn't.

How many times do you read in the paper someone getting pulled over for a DUI, and someone getting killed because of a drunk driver. Every day! What about marijuana. Nope, I've never read in the paper anyone hitting someone head on or whatnot because of a driver under the influence of marijuana. How many deadly chemicals are in marijuana? None. It's completely natural. Alcohol? TONS of chemicals added in by humans.

Marijuana is the homemade hamburger
Alcohol is the McDonalds Big Mac..

* Marijuana is an addictive drug with significant health consequences to its users and others. Many harmful short-term and long-term problems have been documented with its use:

* The short term effects of marijuana use include: memory loss, distorted perception, trouble with thinking and problem solving, loss of motor skills, decrease in muscle strength, increased heart rate, and anxiety.

* In recent years there has been a dramatic increase in the number of emergency room mentions of marijuana use. From 1993-2000, the number of emergency room marijuana mentions more than tripled.

* There are also many long-term health consequences of marijuana use. According to the National Institutes of Health, studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

* Marijuana contains more than 400 chemicals, including most of the harmful substances found in tobacco smoke. Smoking one marijuana cigarette deposits about four times more tar into the lungs than a filtered tobacco cigarette.

* Harvard University researchers report that the risk of a heart attack is five times higher than usual in the hour after smoking marijuana.

* Smoking marijuana also weakens the immune system4 and raises the risk of lung infections. A Columbia University study found that a control group smoking a single marijuana cigarette every other day for a year had a white-blood-cell count that was 39 percent lower than normal, thus damaging the immune system and making the user far more susceptible to infection and sickness.

* Users can become dependent on marijuana to the point they must seek treatment to stop abusing it. In 1999, more than 200,000 Americans entered substance abuse treatment primarily for marijuana abuse and dependence.

* More teens are in treatment for marijuana use than for any other drug or for alcohol. Adolescent admissions to substance abuse facilities for marijuana grew from 43 percent of all adolescent admissions in 1994 to 60 percent in 1999.

* Marijuana is much stronger now than it was decades ago. According to data from the Potency Monitoring Project at the University of Mississippi, the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content of commercial-grade marijuana rose from an average of 3.71 percent in 1985 to an average of 5.57 percent in 1998. The average THC content of U.S. produced sinsemilla increased from 3.2 percent in 1977 to 12.8 percent in 1997.

* Marijuana affects many skills required for safe driving: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and reaction time. These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and signs on the road

* In a 1990 report, the National Transportation Safety Board studied 182 fatal truck accidents. It found that just as many of the accidents were caused by drivers using marijuana as were caused by alcohol -- 12.5 percent in each case

* Marijuana is a dangerous, addictive drug that poses significant health threats to users.

* Marijuana has no medical value that can't be met more effectively by legal drugs.

* Marijuana users are far more likely to use other drugs like cocaine and heroin than non-marijuana users.

I wasn't born yesterday, I see the effects that these drugs take on individuals on a daily basis. I've seen first hand it killing people, and kids.

Who are you really trying to kid. Sure as hell ain't me, but then again, Do what you will, It's your life, and most are going to do what they will with it.

David Lindon said:

see, here we go

weed = "the gateway drug"

I could find an identical list for alcohol. Marijuana doesn't contain nicotine, so don't even try to relate it to tobacco.

Marijuana is NOT addictive. Chemically, anything that is addictive about it is the persons mentality.

Like I said, we are talking about marijuana and marijuana only. Not about people who use it going on to do heroin and cocaine and such.

Back
Top Bottom