A really budget first build...need opinions!

toias123

Baseband Member
Trying to build an exceptionally budget build with as many quality parts as poss. Budget is £250-£275 for everything. Even considering ebay for a couple of parts. If anyone can suggest better or similar parts for the price and spec then please do. Cheers

already own a 160gb sata150 diamondmax10
want a amd64 x2 3800 (hoping to get this at trade price)
case case
1gb corsair ddr2
256 geforce fx5500
NEC ND-4570A DVD-RW
mobo

like i said any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Well it depends on what you want it too do! From your budget and specifications it looks like you are aiming for something just to basic tasks? From the setup you could most definately play some good games, do some video/sound/image editing etc.

yeah i just want it to be the best i can get for the money with half decent parts. would you make any changes for simliar prices?

Well, that setup, it looks like you could play games like CS:S, UT2004. The work area is always in the PC's capability. It looks nice, BUT, the AMD CPU is your big hop. You will definatelly need Ebay for it.

The mobo and case are good. Although, we, at newegg got cases for $5, but they are extremely fragile and can brake, fend just by a small pressure on it. Yours, looks cheap too, but if I make conversions, it is fine.

looks ok, but yeah that processor is gonna hog up alot of the money. everything else looks ok. i wouldn't get the fx5500, but that's only cuz i had a bad experience with the fx5200 pci version.

tobias123 said:
what memory could i have on 939?

you can get ddr 400 pc3200..it should say that in the item's title of the memory. but thats what is compatable with your motherboard

Back
Top Bottom