Routing Help.

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
Hey guys.

I have a program I need a port open for. :)

The port is set in the application, but there is somethign I don't understand.

My friend has a ethernet only router and then a cable from it to a wireless router in his room. I opened the one on the wireless to work, but I don't understand what I need to do to the first one.

So it looks like this:
Modem->Ethernet Router(Main)->Wireless Router(Friend's Room)->My Computer.

Problem is the first router between modem and ethernet router.

THanks for help.

Are both DHCP enabled? Meaning, two different networks? If so, you will need to forward the port from the main, to the IP address of the wireless router, then forward the port from there to the computer IP address.

If it's setup that the main gives out all the IP addresses, meaning DHCP is disabled on the wireless router, you should only have to port forward from the main router to the IP address of your computer.

I think DHCP is enabled on both. So what do I need to do now, and how do I get IP for the wireless router?

Thanks

EDIT: Both are DHCP enabled, just checked.

Do you have the Admin username and password and IP address for the main router?
If so, you should be able to look at the local network on that router, and find the wireless router. Then you would need to forward the port to that IP, then from there to the IP of the computer.

Edit: You should be able to find the wireless router by name

yes i do.... and i am doing all this in my friend's room from my laptop which is wirelessly connected to the wireless router, lol.

Back
Top Bottom