Rate my rig

It's a nice computer, and will last you a while. What kind of FPS are you getting, and, you ran any benchmarks yet?

Very nice computer. I'll last you for a while, so don't worry...yet. :p

The 3800+ is a pretty nice processor, no complaints there. The A8N-SLI isn't bad, but not one of ASUS's best. The 7900 GTX is very nice, but like everything, it has it's disadvantages (especially in pixel shader-heavy games like Far Cry or Oblivion). It's nice to see 2GB of RAM, but from Ultra? No offense, but they're not exactly the type of company with a good track record. Their PSU's may be nice, but I would invest in better brands. Your hard drives are very nice, but Western Digital isn't my cup of tea (Seagate FTW!). :p The case and PSU aren't bad. After all those kinds of things are really based of preference after all. Is your case loud? I can't imagine Ultra coming out with silent fans.

All in all, nice system. It'll definately last you a while.

Amose said:
Thanks man, you know it wasn't as hard as I or most people thought/think it was gonna be. Building a computer is very simple if ur not a moron. I love to work with my hands (my car, computer etc) Buillding a computer, playing you're favorite games at max settings is so much more enjoyable when you know you built it.

Yeah, before I built my first computer, I thought it would be pretty hard. Turns out, it's pretty easy, as long as you don't do anything stupid. :p

The one thing that probably motivates me the most, however, is the pride and feeling that you get when you accomplish your first build. It just feels so good. :)

8.5/10 max. A8N-SLI? Come on, you can do better than that, DFI LP SLI-DR Expert. Ultra branded RAM? No thanks, OCZ PC4000 EB. Seagate drives are a lot nicer than WD, but WD are okay. Ultra psu? Nah, OCZ GameXstream or Fortron AX-500a. 120mm Ultra fans? Try Panasonic Panaflos M1A or Sanyo Denkis.

But at least you could have went with AM2. Thats the biggest thing that brings it down.

It's a good system, but it could have easily been better with that kind of money. Personally I have no problem with WD drives, but I gotta agree with ownage on the memory and mobo.. but hey, what did you get is pretty damn good. should put up excellent performance.

rate mine:

AMD 64 2800
Gigabyte K8M800
1GB TCCC @ 208 - 2.5-3-3-5
Ti 4200 @ Ti 4800SE
Forton 350W Dual Rail 12V 20/24Pin
80GB SATA
DVD writer 12x
TT Coper cooling

open case..

As the sig says...

AMD64 3200+ Venice S939 CPU......MSI K8N Neo4-F Mainboard
eVGA GeForce 7600GT 256mb Video Card....2gb Corsair 3-3-3-8 Memory
Antec Solution Case....Enermax 460Watt Power supply
80gb & 200gb Western Digital ATA100 Hard Drives... Lite-On Combo Drive
AOC 9KLR 19" CRT...Logitech MX510 Mouse...Duraband Standard Keyboard

My case is also open, my hard drives get way too hot during the summer if I leave it closed...

This PC was built on a $750 budget 2 months ago. Not too shabbah eh?

How would it get too hot? If your airflow isn't good enough, get some silent case fans. If you leave a side panel open, all it does is ruin the airflow pathways that the case designers originally intended.

Back
Top Bottom