remember this?

remember there was this thing a while ago.

it was some lawsuit for microsoft to be able to check out the serial codes on there products to see if they are valid...via the internet without u knowing.

Im having problems using it, you know where you have the option to choose the OS, do you actually have to have the OS? I keep getting "Insert proper boot media"

Doesnt matter now, fixed it, I just needed to boot from virtual CD.

Overall, ,the program is useful, providing you have alot of RAM. I have 1GB, and I could only set in to 768, for the Virtual OS, and it still ran slow, because it is inside Windows XP already. I tested the program with ReactOS, Live version, and must say, the Virtual PC program is well worth a download, get a linux distro or something, and play about with it. Perfect for running a Linux hosting distro, within Windows, again, you need a nice amount of RAM for it to run smoothly though, 2GB will proberly be nice. Also, if you have any old hard drives about, and you are looking to run Virtual PC, well, put your hard drive in your computer. If it is 15GB, or more, it will be perfect. Make the Virtual OS run inside the secondary hard drive, and it will run alot faster, and you will be able to save more files, and the experience, will be at least 50% more better.

I ran the Virtual OS at first, on my primary partition, with 256MB RAM, and it was awful!

Secondly, I ran the Virtual OS on my primary partition, with 768MB RAM, and it ran better, but still, not an enjoyable, confortable speed.

Thirdly, I ran the VirtualOS on my 30GB secondary OS, with, again, 768MB RAM, and it ran alot better.

VirtualPC, only lets you use 3/4 of your physical amount of RAM, you can use more, however, you do get a warning dialougue, and, your main OS does run, much slower.

Set a nice little Linux distro, on a seperate partition, or seperate hard drive, with a nice amount of RAM, and the overall experience with Virtual PC, will be enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom