No sound in Vista -rep points!

joe pic

Fully Optimized
hey guys,

my sound doesn't work in Vista, I can't hear anything. it works fine in XP, but when i boot into vista, i can't hear anything whatsoever...
I have an integrated realtek audio device...i dont know, here's from dxdiag:

DEVICE:
Realtek HD Audio rear output
Device ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01VEN_10ECDEV_0883SUBSYS_1
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Default Device: Yes

DRIVERS:

Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Version: 5.10.0000.5213 (English)
Date: 1/23/2006
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

whenever i open Dxdiag in vista, nothing shows up under the sound tab....

can someone find me those drivers that would work in vista? or something that would work in vista? it would be great if i could have sound

thanks so much, i'll hand out rep points to whoever helps

What I usually do is that I go to Device manager, open the audio controller properties, update the driver manually and then, I choose manually the file. Afterwards, I go with my CD and I choose the file. It should go right through.

see, it didn't come with a CD. i already tried to manually locate it and have windows update it

I found what I had to do was manually direct Vista to my XP driver, it could not find it by itself because it is not branded for Vista.

If you have the sound driver d/loaded to your pc, go to device manager as lhuser has stated but instead of letting Vista automatically update, manually direct it to the driver file. It worked for me with my Soundmax XP driver.

EDIT: Have you checked your m/board manufacturers website for the latest sound driver?? (Being Realtek I'm presuming it is onboard)

Usually, Realtek Drivers come from Analog Devices. What's your motherboard model? I will perofrm a search for you
computer.gif

oohh crap sorry guys, yeah i forgot about this

i got it working after a million tries.. thanks a lot lhuser for your help, i appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom