My fun little night

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay, I ordered this 7600GT thinking that I had a 475W psu. This was not the case. I only had a 375w. I should have checked, but didnt. Oh well, no big deal, I have some cash, because im saving for a new car stereo, and I have a job that pays well and I work 40 hours a week.

Anyways, I try the video card on the computer. You know, boot into safe take everything of ATI out and then stick in the new card. Then I boot up, and everything is going great. So I install the drivesr (62.xx) something off the cd. And then I try playing a game. Natta.

So, I try and update the drivers. Apparently the drivers dont support the video card :confused:

Now im kinda pissed, knowing I HAVE to get a new psu. But okay okay, I can deal.

So I boot into safe again, take out all the nVidia stuff, stick in the old x300. Download all the stuff for that, even though its lagy like none other. I reboot and all seems well, but I notice that in the bottom right hand corner my colors are fading. Red looks pink down there. And now browsing the web and stuff, I get the lagg on the pages. Whatever, now im downloading the second optional entertainment pack to see if that solves it.

In the mean time, I am trying to get this dual moniter set up going. I mean, it looks good, but now I cant enable a second moniter. >.-

Okay, maybe the entertainment pack will do that. Now im thourighly pissed. Because im moving all my desk stuff to make room for this second moniter, I need to rearrage my speakers, I have cloths thrown on the floor from working so much, im sore, my mom is pissed because I need to get a new psu. Great day so far? To top it all off im sick. Installing the second thing now, lets see what happens.

Be back to post more, but the lagg, and the drivers, and the video cards and stuff, I think a reformat is in order. Only problem with that is that, I have like 7 games of my friends on my computer, and I got cd cracks for all of them. And I dont want to do it again.

Fun, Fun, Fun.

Edit-
I posted it here, because it relates too all computer problems, but none the less, im dealing with it.. About to hit the computer, but I am. So, what do you think? Am I having fun yet?

I still dont get what the drivers have to do with a new PSU. I dont see why not being able to update your drivers means you need a new PSU. Where are you downloadng the drivers from? I usually just get mine from www.evga.com

Um, I have a 375w Psu, and the car needs 400w min. The drivers I guess need the power to be sufficent, and right now I guess its not.

I got it from nVidia.com.

And I know whats making my computer screen look funny. Its the sub, or the other moniter. Because im dual 17''CRT right now..

arrix, the PSU doesn't affect drivers at all.

i was playing games with the 7600gt on a 300w PSU non stop for about a month until i got my 500w psu. it worked fine, flawless, I didnt have one problem. sure i was pushing it, but it was holding out just fine. don't worry... get the psu when u get the money, so you get a good one. not a crappy $20 that will ruin your system.

yes, a 300w psu. 7600gt. it was fine...

dude, 62.xx is just too old. They obviously gave you a crappy CD.

Windows XP/2000
Version: 66.93
Release Date: November 9, 2004
The 7600GT wasn't even out at that time, so it's no wonder it tells you that it does not support it and games wont work..

Here are the latest: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html works fine for me.
heres slightly older: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html These to, worked perfectly fine for me.

Your PSU isn't going to affect drivers or anything..

No, you don't have a 7600GT which became supported with the 84.21 drivers. You have a 6800GS, so it wouldn't matter, but since he has a 7600GT he needs at least the 84.21 drivers.

84.21 was the first drivers I installed when I got mine, I never even touched the CD that came with the card..

Back
Top Bottom