Rate my rig

Amose

Beta member
Ok this is my first computer that I've built from scratch. Let me know what you think.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB
RAM: 2 X 1gig of Ultra PC3200 400 MHZ(2Gig)
Storage: WD 250 GB SATA(Master), WD 160 GB Slave
Case: Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side
PSU: Ultra / X-Finity / 600-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / SATA-Ready / SLI Ready / Titanium
Case Fans: 2X Ultra Black/Titanium 120mm Ball Bearing Fan

I just wanna know what people think of this and how long it will last me before upgrading CPU/Motherboard. I spent about 1700 (minus shipping) for this rig.

Thanks man, you know it wasn't as hard as I or most people thought/think it was gonna be. Building a computer is very simple if ur not a moron. I love to work with my hands (my car, computer etc) Buillding a computer, playing you're favorite games at max settings is so much more enjoyable when you know you built it.

Oh one thing about the motherboard, if you decide to buy one. For the love of GOD, please disable the NV Firewall and Network Access Manager drivers, DO NOT install them when installing your drivers. The firewall found on the Nvidia motherboards will cause corrupted downloads, slow down/upload speeds and alot of other problems.

Hmm I didnt know that gpu's havve firewalls thats cool, Can you post some screen shots of your games on max settings?

natej315 said:
Hmm I didnt know that gpu's havve firewalls thats cool, Can you post some screen shots of your games on max settings?
no the hardware itself doesn't, it's just that NV made 1 for some reason..... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom