Windows XP or Windows XP 64

X1337

Fully Optimized
Well, Rember that my cpu is 64-bit? will windows xp64 run better on my computer than jsut windows xp. Well i see better SuperPI!

I know XP X64 can address more memory and if you plan on using more than 2GB, I've heard that's the way to go. As far as performance gains, I read about X64 in Maximum PC and they said there's really not much of a performance gain but I wouldn't know because I haven't used a 64-bit OS yet.

all i no about windows xp 64-bit is that it doesnt support much at all and there isnt really any point in havin it, im waitin 4 vista, im stayin with xp pro until then.

MarxSoccer said:
LOTS of driver issues with x64, I wouldn't bother with it
yea..I tryed it out.. And I tryd install my Ti 4200 drivers for it the newest ones. It didnt install becuase, windows thinks that the drivers are installeed and called has " Primary VGA ". I first when to uninstall to get the rid of the driver, restarted and it detected it before explorer.exe started, Than I went to safe mode. Try to remove it there... nothing..So I rebooted and found the driver file. Deleted it, rebooted and it still somehow reinsatll the file..... Somthing wrong with it. But what I liked was that it 2x faster than windows xp. Installing a 4GB game took like 10 seconds, downloading was around 600kb/s on internet.. It was a good OS!!

yeah just use xp. i was considering x64 a while back but it just didn't seem like a safe choice. get xp now. vista..well.. later.

i would stick to windows xp too. i've tried x64 there is not much diffrence and there were alot of driver problems not to mention alot the the programs willl not work.

Back
Top Bottom