Is a cheap PSU reliable?

ownage said:
I only like Enermax's liberty line, as it is the best (IMO) modular psu you can get. All their other stuff is crap.
Has there been some really bad reviews on the Whisper II out there somewhere?... it seemed really solid and stable to me..

ownage said:
I only like Enermax's liberty line, as it is the best (IMO) modular psu you can get. All their other stuff is crap.

Actually, the Enermax Noisetaker series is pretty good. SPCR reviewed it before, and it's not bad.

First of all, get a 500+ watt power supply, DO not go under 50 for one...secound of all, get the pins correct, check your mobo in dxdiag or call up dell to see what pin there is...theres 12pin 20+4pin and 24pin, check those first koby, need any help..call me up.

Usually you get what you pay for. Those $50 and under ones are usually crap. Power might be the same wattage, but construction quality sucks. There's always something wrong.

So basicly, your saying the only reliable PSU's are more then 50. But rakedog was all like, anything 450+ watt, and 50+ dollars is too much, and its a marketing scam.

Most of the time, they charge extra for the work it takes to sleeve the wires, the construction etc. Those cost labor too...so you can't think that they charge you for that because they feel like scamming you.

Well, seems like this is a good brand (FSP)

So, would a 400w do me fine from them, or spend the extra $10 for an extra 50w?

Also, cheap PSUs are made from cheap stuff and cheap stuff tends to die faster and may damage other components with a short circuit.

Back
Top Bottom