Creating the ultimate silent pc!

slayer322 said:
20 DBA is the max you wanna go if you want a quiet computer, anything less is very good!

20 dBa is basically inaudible. Anything under 30 is fine. 20dBa is more inefficient than anything else.

gh0st09 said:
I dont think you can water cool servers......

You can watercool anything that your heart desires my friend. And if your looking for a quiet computer, put nothing smaller than 92mm fans, Preferably nothing but 120mm's.

ownage said:
Dont get those Silenx fans. You do NOT know what has happend with them in the past, and i tell you, it isnt pretty. And i can tell you that the TT kits are not worth their price. A scythe Ninja/Thermalright SI-128 with a silent fan will be just as good. If you really want watercooling, go custom and get the parts that i told you to. you wont be sorry taht you did.
Really? I have only heard really good things about them. About the silenx fans I mean.

ownage said:
the Zalman VF-900 is very good. The Accelero is also a very nice alternative.

Yeah, the VF-900 looks VERY nice. The copper case is of mirror polish quality. It's literally a mirror. When I get mine, I'll post pics. :D

The Accelero isn't bad, but the plastic snap-on casing of the fan and heatsink makes it look cheap. It also blows the hot air into the motherboard, which is a bad thing, if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom