Stop With the Laziness!

karling07

Daemon Poster
I'm not trying to start a rant here or anything, because I love CF and I love helping people/the help I get from others. But would some of the people that post here mind THAT much to just do some research before posting their problems?

I find that I can answer more than half of the questions asked by copying their error message or a simple description of the problem into google, and it will be the correct solution.

Examples:
Question: "Where can I find a free AVI-->DVD converter?"
Google Search: Freeware "AVI to DVD"

Question: "I am getting error message X"
Google Search: X

Question: "My hard drive is clicking, why?"
Google Search: Clicking Hard Drive

Clearly there are problems that google DOESN'T answer, and it's obvious that a lot of people do their research before asking. It just frustrates me when I do a search for the problem and the solution is within the top 5 results.

I'm not at all the "RTFM" type of person, but you won't learn just by having others do what you could have done in seconds... All it takes is a few keywords and looking at the first few pages that your search engine gives back.

I'm not saying, "Instead of asking questions to people who know what they're talking about, why don't you never use this forum and just do it yourself", I just think it's reasonable to expect that people could do a TINY bit of research themselves.

I feel the same way. On occasion I'll do the google'ing for them, but we shouldn't have to for some of these questions we get. Ones like the AVI>DVD converter, that's a common, and also a program that does "so and so"

I have a problem with people who come here when they have a problem,have us fix it,and then never come back. But ehh I guess its ok since people do need help even if they dont like computers.

Well, a lot of people ask for programs, only because they want one, that someone has used, and will recomend it..I know when I want a program, I usaully ask around here, only because if I have a problem, I know the person can help me, and some converters suck ass.

King of Kings said:
I have a problem with people who come here when they have a problem,have us fix it,and then never come back. But ehh I guess its ok since people do need help even if they dont like computers.

Not everyone has time to deal with computers :rolleyes: ....Say for example, your a doctor, and your laptop goes out, you just try to get the problem solved, and thats it..I dont think they would help us out any neither...Its no big deal, people need help, and we help them..We're not suppose to say, hey we help you, and you stay for a year..Im sure, there are tons of people who just suck with computers, need the problem solved, so they can keep doing their work..Also, not everyone likes computers, if I werent into them, I would stick around either.

Dev0115 said:
Not everyone has time to deal with computers :rolleyes: ....Say for example, your a doctor, and your laptop goes out, you just try to get the problem solved, and thats it..I dont think they would help us out any neither...Its no big deal, people need help, and we help them..We're not suppose to say, hey we help you, and you stay for a year..Im sure, there are tons of people who just suck with computers, need the problem solved, so they can keep doing their work..Also, not everyone likes computers, if I werent into them, I would stick around either.
Yeah, that is a good point, but still, there are hardly any that have really become dedicated members since I joined, I don't think (I'm probably wrong, but whatever...)

Jordan Pardy said:
Yeah, that is a good point, but still, there are hardly any that have really become dedicated members since I joined, I don't think (I'm probably wrong, but whatever...)

Yeah your rigt, but the ONLY thing that really makes me laugh, is the welcome threads..You know the ones that go "hey yeah im new, from another forum, thought I would come here..So yeah Ill be another normal face"...but then you never see them again :D

King of Kings said:

Nothing we can do about that.

Dev0115 said:
Yeah your rigt, but the ONLY thing that really makes me laugh, is the welcome threads..You know the ones that go "hey yeah im new, from another forum, thought I would come here..So yeah Ill be another normal face"...but then you never see them again :D

You can tell that when they do that make one or two posts, and are off line in ten minutes. They arnt ever comming back,

BTW when this thread kind of dies, im going to split it and put it in the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSING A NEW THREAD, thread.

Back
Top Bottom