Creating the ultimate silent pc!

j.venning

In Runtime
Hi everybody, whats up?! I am in desperate need to build a new server because my other one is on its last legs but I want this one to be as silent as a gust of wind!

I have a ball bearing "silent" fan in my server which isnt silent at all, you can still here it in the room next door. I have a truely silent PSU which is ok and I will be using it in my new server but does anyone know a fan which is completely quiet or a possible alternative?

Regards,
James.

watercooling isnt all that "silent either" Silence comes with a price. You need Thermochill Radiators the PA series and those arent cheap. The pump you need a MCP355, and you should get a modded top from performance pcs. After that, you can have your choice of waterblocks. With the modded top, you can have restrictive blocks like the Swiftech Storm or G4. With the Thermochill radiator, you can run low speed panaflows or yate loons. Yet, those arent completely silent.

You can get the Thermaltake Bigwater 735 watercooling kit, its only about $140.00 and is almost silent with that 120mm fan. I have the Thermaltake Bigwater cooling system myself and its virtually silent, even with the fans at dull tilt.

Dont get those Silenx fans. You do NOT know what has happend with them in the past, and i tell you, it isnt pretty. And i can tell you that the TT kits are not worth their price. A scythe Ninja/Thermalright SI-128 with a silent fan will be just as good. If you really want watercooling, go custom and get the parts that i told you to. you wont be sorry taht you did.

I have heard nothing but good about Thermaltake products. Ive had my kit for almost a year now and i've never had a problem. And there definitely worth the price.

i agree with ownage, i have the thermaltake kit right now and im not very impressed, i was thinking of going air cooling but i dont know if gpu coolers would keep up with the watercooling

Back
Top Bottom