Computer Crashing... Cannot Use! +REP for help!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Ok this is a really weird problem;

About an hour ago, I was doing a bunch of stuff at once. I had open AutoCad, GTA: San Andreas, Bitcomet, Photoshop, Firefox, Paint, Etc... Obviously this is a lot of stuff, but my PC was doing fine; everything was going really fast!

Then I finished with all that stuff, so I closed it all out and just basically left up AIM & torrents and thats it. So then, I noticed the entire computer was going really slow. Like I'd go to open firefox and it would stop for a while, freeze, then open firefox like 10 seconds later. And everything else was going realllly slow. So I looked @ task manager and it said 54% of CPU! Where is this coming from??

So then I thought I should just restart, so I did, and when it comes back on (desktop loaded and everything), I can't move the mouse or use any keyboard buttons at all. I cannot do ANYTHING. Just stare at the desktop...

What happened??? It was doing fine and then when I CLOSED all of the stuff it got slow!

Alright, I'll try that; and no idea if this is a virus, or just an overload or something? I just want to make sure I haven't hurt the CPU or anything

As long as your temperatures were okay, you're fine. You had a torrent and Firefox open, and they aren't impregnable forces, so you might have contracted a virus. Hope all goes well!

I have had the same problem. Several times. Over the past month or two. There is no way to fix it with out a reformat. AT least not that im aware of. I just restart my computer again, and its fine.

I can see how it might be a virus, because your situation seems slightly different, so go ahead and boot in safe mode, do some checks for the usual, come back and tell us how it went.

Ok safe mode booted up and I can use everything, but it won't let me access Outlook because it says a message about it being unsafe...

CPU usage is back to normal now though and speeds are fine. So might outlook be the problem?

Well, do you use it? If you dont, take it out just incase. If you do, scan just the Outlook folder for a virus.

Back
Top Bottom