7600GT Drivers, [main question] ForceWare?

Deathstar said:
Forceware is the generic title for nVidia drivers the same as Catalyst is the generic title for ATi drivers.

Oh, okay, that clears everything up, lol

Sometimes, the newest drivers wont give the best performance. You have to play around with them.

nope, i dont keep up with drivers. For me, if they work, great no need to install, restart, and run benchmarks over and over again.

Haha, how true!

Oh well, I mean whats the most differnce some could make. A few FPS. Not a big deal in my book. Unless for some reason im down to like 30 :|

Deathstar said:
I put 91.33 on my boys 7600GT and it is running just fine apparently, if I could get him off WoW long enough to run some benchies I'd tell you the results, as it is, I think I'll have to break his fingers to get him off.

91.33 Beta link

EDIT: I do see mention of the "black box bug" in CS, he doesn't don't play it so i can't comment.
OMG YOUR BACK!!!11
Yeah the black box bug is presant with the latest nvidia drivers, but since I hardly (if at all) play cs 1.6, I don't really care. I never checked the beta drivers, but i'ma just stick to latest official releases. If you plan to keep playing 1.6, arrizx you might want to use slightly older drivers. But then again, with such a nice GPU, you should play source :p (unless you hate the gameplay or w/e)

MikeReiner said:
OMG YOUR BACK!!!11 ....
Hiya Mike, yep back again now the ad stream has been changed, and I must say it is nice to be able to surf the forum pop up free. (Thanks David :) )

Another point on the 91.33 beta driver, I have noticed the "sandbag bug" on certain BF2 Special Forces maps, not all of them, just one (maybe two)
I have only just installed SF so the map names elude me at present, will confirm name after a weekend of play.

MikeReiner said:
OMG YOUR BACK!!!11
Yeah the black box bug is presant with the latest nvidia drivers, but since I hardly (if at all) play cs 1.6, I don't really care. I never checked the beta drivers, but i'ma just stick to latest official releases. If you plan to keep playing 1.6, arrizx you might want to use slightly older drivers. But then again, with such a nice GPU, you should play source :p (unless you hate the gameplay or w/e)

Lol, ill play both!

So what is the newest, older version that plays the game with out fault.

I would try the 84.21 or maybe the 81.98 (if memory serves me correctly the 81.98 was a good driver) it's been a while now since I used one that far back and age is wearing my memory down :p

Here's a link to the nVidia driver archive ...... knock yourself out :D

Well, exactly is the problem with the new ones? Because I think my friend has the new ones, and I didnt see a problem at all with his CSS. Or is this only a 1.6 matter?

Back
Top Bottom