HDD Shopping

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Hello Everyone,
I'm looking around for a new HDD for my computer since my dell restore partition got deleted. I want a hard drive that's at least 160GB, and runs quiet, the one I have now is extremely loud when seeking so I want one that makes as little noise as possible while seeking. I was looking at some Samsung Spinpoint hard drives but I heard you had to download the mobo drivers for them so I tossed the idea of getting one of those. I'm thinking about getting a Western Digital becaue i've read good reviews about them and the prices are pretty reasonable. I don't want another seagate because I have one in here now and HATE it because it's too loud! and sometimes it makes a weird click noise.

I'm open to all suggestions and thanks for the help,
Troy

P.S. This is the drive that i'm looking at right now but if you have one that you reccommend let me know....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

Yeah, that looks fine. Do you have a SATAII motherboard? If you don't, then you might as well just stick with SATA 1.5 GB/sec and save a few dollars, and not have to worry about that pesky jumper.

That one looks good, great reviews and western digitals are great. im gettin the 320GB western digital

the 320GB seagate on newegg is at 99 bucks with free shipping. It is the best IMO.

Jamxx said:
Yeah, that looks fine. Do you have a SATAII motherboard? If you don't, then you might as well just stick with SATA 1.5 GB/sec and save a few dollars, and not have to worry about that pesky jumper.

I know I have SATA because I have a different looking connector than IDE and I definitely know it's an SATA connector. I'm not sure if it's SATA 1.5GB/sec or SATA 3.0GB/sec how do I tell?

ownage said:
It should be in your manual ;)
I checked the manual but it just said SATA and how to connect a drive. it didn't say anything about what type of SATA it was or anything. I assume it's SATA 3.0GB/S because when i go to configure a model just like mine on the dell website it says SATA 3.0GB/S on the hard drive option so I assume that's what it is...

Back
Top Bottom