CMD USB0670 PCI to USB Open host controller *HEEEELP* =(

sandman1976

Beta member
Hey all....

Right, not an easy one, i have had blood from my ears with this!

I swiped a PCI USB card from a friends tower unit before he sold it to someone, it worked ok on Windows XP on his tower.
I have it on mine now and WIndows XP has automatically installed the drivers for it but is saying that the device cannot be started CODE 10.

I am fully up to date with windows update and have tried many drivers claiming to solve this problem but im nearing the end of my tether!!!! :mad:

One thing i did find is reference to the cards bios, an informational site recommended that i updated the bios/firmware version of the card..
I have no idea how to start looking for this.... :confused:
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Any assistance appreciated =)

Adrian. :D

Have you checked the Device Manager? It should be listed there, see if you can update the driver for it there. Also, it may tell you what kind of card is, which might help you in your search for firmware. Although, I don't think a PCI USB card needs any.

Hi,

Yes, the device manager tells me that name for the hardware, it is installed already its just that windows is saying it cannot start the device..

And i cant figure out why..
The bios thing was just a suggestion from a website i visited it might not be that.

Adrian.

Back
Top Bottom