Critique my FragBox II configuration

BLUEFRAG

Beta member
I am buying a FragBox II from Falcon Northwest. I've been thinking about it for a while and have been on the phone with Falcon, and the config for the system I plan on getting is:

FragBox II / FragBox Logo
Windowed Side Panels for Fragbox Chassis
Silverstone600Watt P/S W/short cable kit
EVGA Nforce Micro-ATX SLI Motherboard
AMD Athlon64 3800+ Dual Core
Zalman CNPS7000LED ALCU (AMD)
PC3200DDR 2048MB (2PCS 1024)
(Single) nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 1024MB
FA404 Int. USB2.0 Flash Media/Floppy
No Raid
Western Digital 250GB 16MB Cache SATAII
Lite-On 16X Dual Layer DVD+-/RW
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Integrated On-Board Audio
3-Year Parts and Labor

I know my CPU is probably my weakest link, but I plan on upgrading that to a 4400+ or so when the price drops. Any comments on my system? Keep in mind that I can't spend much more money...

I would say wait for eleven more days for the price drop, and then get that system... But if you need it now, the 3800+ is a great choice and with that cooler you should be able to overclock quite well.

Falcon is expensive, but I'd be hard pressed to find better CS anywhere else in the computer industry.

Jamxx said:
I would say wait for eleven more days for the price drop, and then get that system... But if you need it now, the 3800+ is a great choice and with that cooler you should be able to overclock quite well.

How much do you think the 3800 will drop? I don't need it right now, but I was going to place the order within the next few days.

Everything looks good. Maybe you would be better just getting one 7950gtx instead of the 7950gx2, since its just two 7950 gpus downclocked?

Back
Top Bottom