Yahoo and MSN join forces

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
Have you heard that if you use Yahoo Messenger, the latest version you can now add your msn contacts, so they have connected the two communities.

This should be very interesting, specially as Trillian, is having some troubles managing the privacy options on yahoo.

Yahoo & MSN

Edit: Put this in the wrong place, wasn't paying attention, can a mod move this to the right place

you've been able to addyaho addresses to MSN messenger for ages, (i've a friend who only has a yahoo address and is signed into mesenger with it).

how come yahoo has only just figured out how to do this the other way around?

I didn't realise that

Doh!!!

So you can add your yahoo contacts to msn, and they can use yahoo and I can use msn?

My e-mail address is with Yahoo! and I used it for Windows Live Messanger and my MSN Passport.

Yeah I know you can use other email addresses, but I was wondering if you could communicate using the different software, for example talk to someone on yahoo, using msn.

Or is it just that you can use other email addresses, my impression was that you could talk to people on msn, using yahoo, like with trillian for example

Sounds like a really cool idea. When I first saw the title of this thread i thought they were joining forces on their search engines to combat google.

David Lindon said:
Sounds like a really cool idea. When I first saw the title of this thread i thought they were joining forces on their search engines to combat google.
same here.

David Lindon said:
Likewise.

I thought some group of companies was gonna overthrow google's grip on the world of searching! that way they could yell "BAhahahAHHAhaha, your regime of searching is over google!" or something.. I am sooo bored. :p

Back
Top Bottom