2 cable modems on one line?

Jmm

Beta member
Hi I recently hooked my playstation 2 downstairs through my cable modem just by simply unpluging the ethernet cord from my computer and putting it in the back of my ps2 and I was wondering is if its possible to get another cable modem just for my playstation 2 and so that way I can run the computer and the playstation 2 on the internet at the same time.

Huh?

You want a router. You take the cord that is going from the modem, and instead of taking it into the PC or PS2, you plug that into the router, then the router has usually 4 ports, from which you go from there to your PS2 and PC

router3by.png

Well it's not possible without a router buddy, i'm sorry. Mark's diagram is exactly what you would need to do to make it work.

Are u guyz sure u need a router? i mean modem haz axtra ports right? so use one port for ps2 and other for comp... or if u dont have extra ports, get an ethernet spliter and do it that way. from Modem u have an thernet cabel put that into a spliter and add 2 more cables, one for ps2 and one for comp :)

Get a Cable modem with router installed?! I have an ADSL modem/router and it can supply five computers so surely you can get them for cable?

MALOI98 said:
Are u guyz sure u need a router? i mean modem haz axtra ports right? so use one port for ps2 and other for comp... or if u dont have extra ports, get an ethernet spliter and do it that way. from Modem u have an thernet cabel put that into a spliter and add 2 more cables, one for ps2 and one for comp :)

That's what a router does. It divides the line

sure it's possible to get another cable modem, but you'd be paying for it through your cable company. get a router

Back
Top Bottom