Upgrading my computer

Gilgond

Baseband Member
I need to upgrade my computer... The things I'm upgrading are motherboard, processor, video card and memory. I want a computer that can handle most games pretty well (don't need the best of all though).

My budget is about $600-650. Do you have any suggestions about what I could get with that?

Gilgond said:
I need to upgrade my computer... The things I'm upgrading are motherboard, processor, video card and memory. I want a computer that can handle most games pretty well (don't need the best of all though).

My budget is about $600-650. Do you have any suggestions about what I could get with that?
with more than 600 bux you can get a good computer that is very compatible with games and theres basically no point in upgrading the processor along with everytin else but you can easily build your own for that price (it isnt that hard) and theres tuts out there on how to do, its basically clipping in a lot of things

Well, what I'm wondering is which video card to get and what socket type I should go for (939 or AM2). I've been thinking about the Geforce 7600GT. I've heard good things about it and it's not too expensive, so I'll probably go with that one if nobody says something else. About the socket I'm not sure... I know the DDR2 RAM that you can use with the AM2 is better, but the thing is that it is much more expensive too. So I'm not sure what to chose. I'll probably get 2 gb of RAM and that could take some money with the DDR2.

Back
Top Bottom