Development Lounge?

Web Programming and Web Design should be combined... why Web Design is a part of reviews/advertisements, I don't know.

Web Development could become a large bottle containing anything that has slightly to do with web development, like graphics, etc...

Or there could be a general develompent section dedicated to all things developing.
I think the problem is more to do with the descriptions,
IMO web programming (perhaps pooly named) covers asking how to layout pages, offering design tips, asking questions about flash design, programming in the multitude of scripting languages, (as well as compiled binaries for web pages) and will also cover things that come between the two such as flash which is very much a combination of design layout and scripting (with action script).

web design/advertising is more a place to go once you've made your site so you can say hey guys look what I've done, or come check out my forum. as oppose to a place where you as how to set up your forum...

Thats, true, so then I guess we are essentially only asking for a photoshop forum.
To me that's a problem, I mean don't get me wrong I like pretty pictures as much as the next guy, but I (personally, me, myself -IMO) would like a general media forum as I'd much rather talk about music creating and producing in terms of computers than I would talk about photoshop (tjhat's just me though), there is currently nowhere to place photoshop stuff, (I agree that there should be), but I also think that there should be a place to put stuff about music, and video, because lets face it, music s probably one of the biggest things about the computer industry now, where many people are able to make pretty decent compositions and mixes...

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that large contributers to this fporum (I imagine) would be G9, Mr Mixx, Kage all of whom showed a massive interest in G9's thread about podcasts. (and me).

I guess what I'm saying is that the computer industry changes over time, and perhaps the main forums here should also change slightly to reflect the shift of focus in the industry.

@Americansensi, unfortunatly I'm not a member of computer vitals, and as arrizx said ("I don't want to go to other places each and every time I have a photoshop question"), whilst there are a lot of members here who are also a part of computer vitals, that doesn't include all of us, and whilst I'm not saying that people shouldn't go there, I am saying that perhaps a media forum (for graphics/sonud/video/animation) would encourage more people to stay here rather than forcing them to go other places....

I still insist that the gallery *should* be fine for displaying all wares (as in produce/productions) that members want to show, however, This could be better described to make it obviously more inclusive of all things, and perhaps (as a rearranging request), brought to the front page rather than hidden in a subforum, or even be made a subforum of the social lounge rather than the general computing hardware software forum.

Just a quick question... has david actually read this thread, I know he's been away on holiday for a week and has had quite a bit to catch up on.

Yeah, Im sure he has read it, well just taking a guess, but I think he has..Anyhow any updates on this guys? I think one little section wouldnt hurt, and if doesnt work, whats the worst that can happen, we take it back down? I think we need to start trying things, instead of discusing it for so long, and people just name pros and cons all day long..Things lke this, should be take into serious consideration, not only do a lot of people want this, but it will bring more members to cf, as well as keep many from leaving, for photoshop intrests..I say, we just put the new section in, see how it goes, and if it doesnt go so well take it down! :)

I made a thread in the social lounge, everyone who wants one will say "I"..That place has a lot of action going, so almost everyone who wants the section, will see it..In here, not many people bother lookin, so thats the next best place..

Dev0115 said:
I made a thread in the social lounge, everyone who wants one will say "I"..That place has a lot of action going, so almost everyone who wants the section, will see it..In here, not many people bother lookin, so thats the next best place..
I'll post here and there... though root has a point about descriptions.

Nice Idea, but if it were to be done it couldnt be a subforum, that would be pointless.

Yeah, a sub forums just wouldnt do..There are so many different things that can be done in Photoshop, sigs, logos, skins, animations, and so on..Paradox, u into PS?

Lol check out the thread in the soc lounge. i think like 19 ppl so far. your the 20th :D

I think..

Man, we sure do have a lot of supporters..Dont see why this shouldnt happen..

Back
Top Bottom