what the???

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
Okay, so my computer got all messed up, and needed to be reformated. So I back EVERYTHING up, and then I run killdisk to erase the entire disk for good. Then I insert the windowws 98 cd into the drive, and follow the promps to boot from cd, then to install windows. It asks me if I wish to enable large disk support, I click no (default choice) then it says it will reboot, and setup will continue. So it reboots, I do nothign, and it says no operating system found, so I reboot, and tell it to boot from CD. It starts to format my hard drive, but then says "please insert windows 98 disk into your cd drive" and the disk iss in there, so I press enter, and it comes up with the same message. SO I run kill diskagain, and restart, but I enable large disk support this time, and the same thing hapens. WHAT DO I DO????? Please help me. I really need to have windows 98, becuase I have a rally expensive program that will not work on XP, and I can't afford a new comp.

Definitely you want Yes to enable large disk support. That way you get Fat32, not Fat16. But for the No OS found, make sure you read through all of this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221829

You didn't take out the CD after it rebooted, did you? What is your boot device priority in BIOS?

Use the provided fdisk in the Win98 CD, not killdisk.

Back
Top Bottom