RIP Windows 98...

root said:
I used to duel boot my XP machine with windows98 for playing DOS games.

to be honest the fact that it's unsupported isn't really a problem, win98 SE works fine from the CD, and assuming that I'm reasonably careful about where I go on the internet then I suspect I'll never really have a problem!.
Can't XP run DOS games? You can use the DOS emulator, DosBOX [google it] and usually when clicked they'll run anyway. Lol... I'm addicted to DOS games. :D

lol do u like them because they're funny or something? lmao. i've seen DOS games and i think it's funny how u can count the blocks for graphics :p

root said:
I used to duel boot my XP machine with windows98 for playing DOS games.

to be honest the fact that it's unsupported isn't really a problem, win98 SE works fine from the CD, and assuming that I'm reasonably careful about where I go on the internet then I suspect I'll never really have a problem!.

Yeah, as long as you know what your doing, you cant go wrong. I have messed up with Windows many a time, never called for techie help though, worst case scenario - reformat!

worst case scenario - reformat!
exactly... it's not really hard to install windows, it's all the software that I use afterwards that always troubles me!

Can't XP run DOS games? You can use the DOS emulator
Yes, XP can run DOS games, but I used to have a few DOS games that had to be run in a true DOS environment, and that would crash when using the enulated dos mode, I'm not sure if this was because the emulator wasn't good enough, or if my computer wasn't good enough though.

exactly... it's not really hard to install windows, it's all the software that I use afterwards that always troubles me!

Yeah, im one of those who downloads what he likes, not caring whether it has stuff on it, ah, why does there have to be spyware :(

root said:

Yes, XP can run DOS games, but I used to have a few DOS games that had to be run in a true DOS environment, and that would crash when using the enulated dos mode, I'm not sure if this was because the emulator wasn't good enough, or if my computer wasn't good enough though.
Aah.. usually with emulation your computer needs to be very powerful to run even DOS games...

lol do u like them because they're funny or something? lmao. i've seen DOS games and i think it's funny how u can count the blocks for graphics
No, they are actually pretty fun, and they bring back memories of early primary school... Challenge of the ancient empires :) lol

Back
Top Bottom