A question about the 7600GT

yeah, im still waiting for my new 500w psu to come, right now my 7600gt is running off a 300w, but it runs perfectly, i can't complain

That third link you gave for cases looked the best. It looked great, and it was only about 60 bucks. Plenty of room to build your dream machine, and the clear see through panel is excellent to marvel at your creation. Thermaltake makes good products, so I wouldn't worry about that psu. I got a 300w psu, and it handles just about everything, but you might need that extra power if you're looking to pack a lot of stuff in.

Hey, even if the fan is too loud, just use RivaTuner to get the fan speeds down, for tasks where you don't need it so much.
As long as you keep a check on the internal core temps (it has an internal sensor which can be seen within the driver), and its not going too high, your fine :)

http://content.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

For instance, you can set the 2D mode to minimum speed with no problems. Low Power 3D mode, can also be rather low. On games though, have it half way. Your going to have sound most likely anyway, which would overcome any whine the fans making at that point.

Up to 80 degrees or so I'd let mine go to while playing a game. Any higher than that, and I'd set the fan speed a little higher.

Its also an overclocker, etc, but I wouldn't mess with any other settings unless you know what your doing, as you can damage the hardware (Not that easily, but you can)

IHateDells said:
^^^

Seriously?! If thats the case then that is a major candidate for my upcoming compaq that I'm getting.

You never knew that? Haha, notice how it doesn't have the PCI-E power plug on the PCB...

OK, I think I will be getting

AHHHH. i can't decide :mad: :mad:

I really like the simpleness of the lian li but I like the window of the third case too.!

Lian-Li, hands down. Cooler Master's cases are nice, but nothing compared to Lian-Li. The aluminum is so precisely cut and is of the best quality. Also, the edges are usually covered with plastic guards so you won't scratch your hands. Trust me, Lian-Li cases are WORTH the money. If you can't take my word for it, ask Ownage. He owns the Lian-Li V-1000B Plus II. :D

Back
Top Bottom