nVidia

Mfmwuq

Baseband Member
I am about to buy a new computer, and I have everything decided, except my video card set up. I have a 500w power supply, so I don't have many limitations for what I choose, other than cost.

1. What I can't decide is whether I should get one expensive, top of the line Geforce, or if I should get two older, cheaper Geforce cards and go the SLI route. I have no idea which runs better in what scenarios.

2. If I do go with 2 video cards, which ones should I get? I see GT's, GL's, XT's, and I have no idea which one from which series is best. So far I've chosen dual 512mb Geforce 7300 GT's, but I haven't seen much about them online. Are they any good?

3. Is it better to get 512mb 7300 GT's, or 256 mb 7600 GT's?

My choices are 6600 / 6800 XT / 7300 LE, GS, 256 GT, 512 GT / 7600 256 GS, 512 GS, 256 GT. Obviously they have to be identical for the SLI. I would think it would be best to just go with the latest series, but I've heard that's not the case with video cards.

Aghhhh so overwhelmed.

Thanks in advance.

What is your budget?

I say go all out, and Sli two 7600GT's, because they are compatable with Vista. That way you will stomp every game.

I just read about Vista, I had no idea it was coming out. Any release dates yet? And when Directx 10 comes out, does that mean I pretty much need new vid cards completely? ArrizX, I think I'm going to do that method. You say the 7600 GT's are compatible with Vista if I go SLI, but does that mean it will run it at the minimum, or substantially? If it will barely run, I might as well wait. But I'm an impatient person heh.

No no, it will run GREAT!

Seriously, those cards have so much processing power, its amazing.

Besides, look. I literally just bought this card last night, and check out the box..

Link

Edit-
Just click on the picture, and you will see what I mean for Vista.

Alright, I'm sold. Here's the monster I'm going to buy. Let me know what you think.

CPU: (Sckt775) Intel® Pentium® D 940 Dual-Core CPU @ 3.2GHz 800FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T
MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5ND2-SLI nForce4 Chipset LGA775 DDR2/667 SATA RAID Dual PCIE w/7.1Audio, GbLAN, &USB2
MEMORY: 2GB (4x512MB) PC5300 DDR2/667 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card
HARD DRIVE: 300GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
Drive: 16X DVD ROM
Drive 2: 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

All for less than 1500 USD and free shipping! :)

Back
Top Bottom