Computer shows same screen at startup

jjimenez1011

Solid State Member
Hello every one,

I have a problem. When I turn the power on to my PC, I get the screen that says:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut to protect your files and folders, choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you arent sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows normally.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Know Good Configuration ( your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Now when I choose Start Windows Normally and Last Known Good Config. All is does is bring me right back to this screen.

When I choose Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with command prompt: I get some lines that look like this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\Windows\AppPatch\drvmain.sdb

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiiton(2)\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys

And so on, the whole screen then fills up with these similar lines, then goes back to the same screen that prompts me to choose one of the options.

If I can get some help Please I would really appreciate

Have you tried to get into your system to back up your files using BartPE (http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/)? I think your OS installation is on the fritz. Try to back up your files with the PE Builder you can add on add-ins for CD Burning software and things of the sort. Try that, and after you have backed up whatever files you need, format and start from scratch. You do that every now and then, right??? ;)

But the problem is that I cannot access anything at ALL on that PC. The only thing that I see is that damm same screen. I cannot get passed that screen, Windows does not even get a chance to boot up or anything. What other options do I have?

format the drive from DOS and reinstall windows
but make windows as FAT32 instead of NTFS
then after windows is installed install linux (any distro)
now if anythin happens like this again you can get at your data from linux and save it
get into DOS from a DOS boot disk (make one from another computer)
select floppy as the first boot device from BIOS and boot

Ya, Windows XP system restore never works even if you can get oast the error screen.

just do a xp repair install. then if you can get back into windows you can backup and properly format. you could also go into dos and install windows 98 or something on the same partition. ive done it before. you can then get into 98, backup your data and then format.

I lost all of my repair disks and restore disks that came with the PC. But I do have a unlicensed Windows XP CD that some one gave me, although it has been used to install Windows on other PC's, can I use this to do any kind of repair??

that xp cd will work as long as you have some sort of working cd key you can enter. you need a legit one though if you want to activate windows (which u have to do)

ok, but I have used that verification key before. As I understand it, you can only use the XP CD on one computer. would that be a problem for me?

what is the difference between using the recovery console when booting from an XP CD, and using the repair installation option?

Back
Top Bottom