Tempterature

wedroptozero

Baseband Member
I am overclocking my CPU (AMD Athlon 3700+) to 2.75 Ghz and so far I have had no issues. I am using an Asus K8N motherboard and I was just wondering about tempterature issues. Right now the CPU is at 39C and the mobo is at 48C under very little load. What should I consider dangerous temperatures? Also, is it worth it to invest in a better chipset fan for my mobo?

Just watch your temps and try to keep it under 60 degrees celsius. Also make sure that you have adequate cooling for all but not limited to: CPU, chipset, RAM, video card. That will help keep your system stable.

cpu temp seems fine, the mobo temp is a little high.
It's better to get the cpu under 100% usage and let it run like that a while, and then check the temps.

The VRMs are obviously getting hot - don't worry, but you need to do a stability check.

Use Prime95 or SP2004 and leave it running for about three hours, with something like SpeedFan to check the temperatures. Not only will this check if your overclock is stable, it will also give you a high temperature.

Over 55 or so is not good for VRMs, so think about putting a fan over them.

Over 65 or so is not good for the CPU - are you on stock cooling?

u need to run prime95 anyway to check for stability, i usually just let it run for 8 hours and after that im happy its stable, do u have any fans on your case to get airflow through it?

Seeing as he's got it that high, I'd be extremely suprised if he didn't ;)

And use SP2004 over Prime95 ;)

Yeah I am using stock cooling and I ran prime95 fine. My case is a Centurion by Coolermaster so it has really good airflow.

Back
Top Bottom