problem with PC-advice needed please

ryan21

Beta member
Hi

I purchased 2 new harddrives and when to install windows xo pro on one of them and all seems ok until about 34 minutes were left and it just wouldn't go any further even though I left it for a few hours.i tried to format the drive again and even got another xp disc but still the same…stops again on the 34 minutes..
I tried windows 98 se and other operating systems but found they started ok and stalled after a few minutes too…

I tried the other harddrive and it was at the same….

I NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE

Can anyone please tell me how I could sort this

thanks

Try a different cable, that might be the problem.

If not, the only other thing it can be is that the PSU is not giving it enough power, or the motherboard is kaput

Make sure all USB devices and PCI cards are pulled out for the installation. Wireless LAN cards can make this happen along with a lot of different USB devices.

Just disconnect everything except for:
Motherboard
Processor
RAM
CD Drive
Hard Drive
Video Card

Also try:
after the Power On Self Test screen press F8 to enter the Advance menu mode. Select Debugging Mode and hit Enter.

If none of this seems to fix the problem, try letting the installation run through the night... Maybe it'll go past after an hour or two.

Dont mess about with the voltage of the RAM yet, or anything else like that. Try a different cable first.

Yeah try everything else simple first. You dont want to mess anything up permently if you didn't have to. If none of that works then let us know and we could help you with other settings.

Back
Top Bottom